Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just kidding but I think my new Street Triple looks like a transformer with it's flyscreen and most recently the visor. I took it for a spin on the regional road today (faster than in town but not as fast as the highway) and noted the wind pressure was significantly lessened. I am not sure that I love the look though. What do you guys think? have I trashed the naked look of the bike or does it still look ok? My hubby thinks it looks better but he rides a full fairing bike so his opinion doesn't count on this topic!!

Before...

Flyscreen only

Flyscreen and visor

Thanks for your thoughts on this topic!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Need side side views. Generally, with red or orange ST3s, I think adding the flyscreen and belly pan improve the looks. Black looks best totally naked IMO.

Tim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I like the look of the Speeds and Streets either naked or with the flyscreens. I'm sure that extra little screen would be fine, too, but I'd need a wider angle and a side view to be sure, lol.
The truth is, it's YOUR bike, do what makes you happy, forget everyone else!!!

Sent from my iPhone;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Need side side views. Generally, with red or orange ST3s, I think adding the flyscreen and belly pan improve the looks. Black looks best totally naked IMO.

Tim
That black ST3 is dead sexy!! But you have to say it like Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers movies.

Thanks for your feedback! I'm going out for a ride shortly so I'll do some photos from the side.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I think that the screens look great myself, but the original *smooth* dark smoke visor looks better than the one you have fitted, imho.

I've seen a few red streets around here in AU lately, they look really good.

Enjoy the bike, and the screens do help to keep the pressure off you a bit when you start going over 120 K's.

S.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all... Here is the photo from the side.... And yes, red ones are faster!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I prefer totally as naked as possible. The little splashes of colour just enforce what little fairings there are.

To each their own though. :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
From October-April I have the flyscreen/visor installed.

From May-September I prefer it NAKED! It always looks best that way regardless of color.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We can really only ride from Early May to early October - other wise it's too cold and snowy!!! I do prefer the naked look but the visor and flyscreen do make it more comfortable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts