Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I tried a search and came up nearly blind from scrolling. Does anyone have a link to or video of the steps (and tools, etc needed) for installing a Meerkat x-pipe on the TTR. Thx in advance.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched that one, and felt more intimidated as a DIY project than empowered. I thought I'd seen a member post his step by step process a year or so ago and was hoping for a more printable version. My OCD won't let me start this project until I can see it start to end step by step.

》》》》》》》》》》Wake Up, Be Nice, Kick Ass, Repeat...... MTFU

·
Registered
286 Posts
I used this video to get an idea of the fiasco that was involved in my install.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used this video to get an idea of the fiasco that was involved in my install.

https://youtu.be/prKc0gwYT5U
Perfect, seems like that'll work for the TTR as well. Awesome that he provides the necessary hardware sizes...

》》》》》》》》》》Wake Up, Be Nice, Kick Ass, Repeat...... MTFU

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Hedgepig @BuddyB .... gents, I'm working on installing my Meekat x-pipe and struggling with the exhaust clamps on the outflow ports. Specifically securing them around the gasket on the pipe and flange on the Meerkat.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I struggled a bit with those , found it helpful to walk away and calm down stop swearing have a nice cup of tea . Of course I have the luxury of a carpeted shed to work in and lock up until the next day ( I slept on my frustration too ) .

·
Registered
286 Posts
@Hedgepig @BuddyB .... gents, I'm working on installing my Meekat x-pipe and struggling with the exhaust clamps on the outflow ports. Specifically securing them around the gasket on the pipe and flange on the Meerkat.
Any suggestions?

I made sure the pipes were all loosened and took extra care not to deform the gaskets when joining the X pipe to the pipes. Then it pretty much slid on easily enough to secure them. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the input. Got the Meerkat installed today and the bike all buttoned back up. A little more time consuming than anticipated, but I took my time and made sure everything was tight. Thanks to Peter @meerkat for making a great product. With everything tightened up it felt extremely solid!
I wish there was a way to get the stone guard back on, but since it attached to to the cat that was a no go. I've got a belly pan from BAAK and might try to affix a steel mesh behind it to stave off all the road debris, but for now I'm super happy with the set up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts