Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for tunes for my Scrambler and finally got one from someone here on the forums (Thanks again casida!) but the tune is for a mechanical odometer, and mine is LCD.

So... Does this make a difference? I'm guessing it must since there are maps that are specific to each odometer. If it does make a difference, what's a good course of action? Start with the LCD tune and adjust it to match the mechanical one? Is there a check box I can hit that says "LCD?" Abandon all hope and start the search again?

I've never done anything with maps and I can't really find anything that helps in this situation (Or I suck at searching, could go either way...) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
402 Posts
I would think if both bikes use the same wheel diameters/sprockets/transmissions, then; I somewhat see the speedo as 'analog.' They might toggle over to 'digital' for the LCD. Why change a fuel map if all have the same parts? Doesn't rpm and vacuum call the fuel trims? According to the generic shop manual it does in analog.

In digital, the crank speed calls the trim, if all else fails. Could go either way is right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts