Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks like a showroom piece, it is so clean and tidy. Beautiful bike.

·
Registered
257 Posts
A great picture lovely bike , Here is a picture of mine the best bike I have owned, would like to get different mirrors but not sure what ones.

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw that lovely black beast elswhere on here...V V clean old bus that :wink:

I was looking at bar end mirrors before I got these Motrax ones...Oberon was the make of the ones I was looking at, they looked really good (expensive but good).

I obvoiusly wanted them to look a bit trick and work and these have ticked those boxes for me apart from if I've got my textiles on then I have to move my elbows in a little to get a view from behind..fine with me leathers on tho :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi mot3, What did you say you had fitted? I am still not sure what to get i am womdering if the bar end mirrors really work.

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up fitting Motrax mirrors they are a universal fit and bolt straight in, as you can see from the pic they are not bar end mirrors, but smaller and tidier than the originals, they do show more of your elbows with winter kit on but are ok with me leathers, they are also vibration free up to the ton :wink:

The others I was looking at were called Oberon (search Oberon performance) they do some bar end mirrors, the reason I was looking at these is not only were they V sexy but fairly compact, I didn't want to widen the bike too much as it would make filtering a bit of a night mare. They aint cheap either but do come in black and can be put over or under the bar (you'll see what I mean ) not sure if they would work or not but bar ends are quite popular on the S3 anyroad depends what you like.

You can get Motrax ones in just about any bike shop( I got mine in Laguna in Maidstone they let me take several pairs out the store to see what would be ok held up to me bike ) they do a whole range of them to suit and from what I could see would bolt straight on they start from about 15 quid and go up to about 50...I think the Oberon ones were 60 ish :-D :wink:

[ This message was edited by: MotT3 on 2006-11-24 07:14 ]

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi, Thanks for getting back to me, I live in Maidstone so I will go down to Lagunas and have a look. I looked on the website for the bar end mirrors and must admit I really do like those, I might have to flick a coin to decide.

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've only got the left hand one :( it is in pretty good nic tho ) if you want it i'll post a pic and you can make an offer...if you want cheaper as original replacements Sprint Manufacturing used to stock them a lot cheaper than Triumph ...who would charge you the HUGE sum of about 80+ quid :???:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts