Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So:

Besides - heated grips, carbon chain guard, and various carbon covers including wheel nut covers - paddock stand and new exhaust (oh and even leathers) - thanks to guys from this site.

Now I'm even looking at these beauties:

http://www.melottimoto.com/sp_list.asp?fam=12&sc=34

I saw these, as a guy has added them to his Ducati (not Honda) 1098s in the UK. If they fit mine, guess what?

Anyone else just keep 'adding'?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Be gentle with the use of the word " Bling"

Some people on this site get very crotchety upon hearing that word, and others get their panties in a bunch when you add things to your bike just for looks.

That said,
Make your bike your own, and enjoy every minute of it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, don't call it bling. Call it a modification.
Uh, maybe better not. Modifications are not PC either. :rolleyes:

My first modification to the bike involved a curb, and now I have a "custom" right fairing.
However I now have another on the way from ebay:)

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be gentle with the use of the word " Bling"

Some people on this site get very crotchety upon hearing that word, and others get their panties in a bunch when you add things to your bike just for looks.

That said,
Make your bike your own, and enjoy every minute of it.
Thanks Chefjpd and OnD!

Subtle 'performance' tweaks then:D

Like these arrived from the USA today:

well, apologies, photobucket appears (to me at least) to be having an 'off' day.

will try post them up later

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ASV Levers

Try again

Only thing is, the two little plastic packets that are in the same box say 'Honda' on one and 'Kawasaki' on the other!:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Nice

Very nice.

Oh, BTW the term "Bling" is reserved for Barbie Bikes something like HD's:Tongue2:

·
Registered
348 Posts
If 'bling' and 'mod' are off-limits how aboot (see, I can speak Canadian :D) the term 'upgrade'. It implies function rather than style.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys.

I'm for the 'performance upgrade' moniker then!:D

Granty - will be 'attempting' mine tomorrow so will either be happy to agree, or down in the dumps:p!

Have ordered a carbon rear hugger from Jack Lilley to a) improve the look of the rear end (for me personally) and b) help to keep road trash off the underside of the bike - I hope!

Oh and it's not just for the sake of it. I genuinely love the bike as it came, I just also like some of the upside I am getting from the additions made and planned.

Thanks again. Much appreciated - and to OnD who help keep me on the 'straight and narrow';)

Gracias!

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Don't let anybody stop you, Ratboy. Just keep on blinging.

Even though I would never alter my bike, I understand why some enjoy it. Mine is so bone stock, the warning decals are still on the tank. :rolleyes: But, I have been considering cutting loose and getting some rim stripes.

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Don't let anybody stop you, Ratboy. Just keep on blinging.

Even though I would never alter my bike, I understand why some enjoy it. Mine is so bone stock, the warning decals are still on the tank. :rolleyes: But, I have been considering cutting loose and getting some rim stripes.
Oh come on OND don't stop now. There's fox tails on CB antenna, streamers off the bar ends, LED valve stem caps, playing cards cloth pined to the spokes, bells, bulb horns, curb feelers. A whole world of modifications out there. Get a JC Whitney catalog and let the creative juices flow!:eek:

Don't just think outside the box, obliterate the box!:Dance02:

Man I gotta stop this. a 4ple shot of espresso and smoking a high end cigar at the same time. I feel like a kid on dope.:eek:

·
Registered
348 Posts
...streamers off the bar ends...
I don't want to threadjack, especially when the thread is aboot some really nice levers but here goes...

Route 17 in Vermont has some pretty nice twisties over the mountain. It's where Mad River Glen ski area is located and a gorgeous area in general. Anyway, there's a decreasing-radius curve that's pretty dangerous regardless of direction of travel if you don't have it dialed in. It's steep also which adds to the excitement. There's a picnic table nearby so you can sit there and watch bikers and drivers blow the corner. The guardrail is all marred up and there are pieces of plastic, headlight glass, and bodywork strewn about. BTW- the 'sport-tour' riders tended to do better than riders of other kinds of bikes. I saw some Ducatis, Beemers, Tigers, and Sprints take the proper line and carry good speed through it.

I had to investigate the guardrail looking for any interesting parts. I also checked out the gouges in the road leading up to the rail as a reminder to myself I didn't want to be sliding toward it.

The most interesting crash remnants I found were the leather bar-end streamers you can see in the pic below.

My conclusion was that if your bike has bar-end streamers you probably shouldn't be on this road.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts