Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to order and fit a cruise control from mccruise.com to my 2004 RS but they have a process where they expect me to measure pull lengths of wires and distances between components, etc to work out which of about a dozen kits I need to order with the universal unit.

I've been looking around various forums to see if anyone has gone through the process and indicated what kits are needed for my model... nothing that I can find.

Any ideas other than to stop being lazy and check the details myself?

I know there's plenty of alternatives out there, cheaper and just as good, but I want an mccruise one minus the hassle.

Cheers,
Len

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I'd like to order and fit a cruise control from mccruise.com to my 2004 RS but they have a process where they expect me to measure pull lengths of wires and distances between components, etc to work out which of about a dozen kits I need to order with the universal unit.

I've been looking around various forums to see if anyone has gone through the process and indicated what kits are needed for my model... nothing that I can find.

Any ideas other than to stop being lazy and check the details myself?

I know there's plenty of alternatives out there, cheaper and just as good, but I want an mccruise one minus the hassle.

Cheers,
Len
Len
You are saying that there are over a dozen possible kits for your bike from MCCruise and you are willing to get those very critical measurements from someone else? :confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the age old challenge of trust versus lazy. I've received some PM's that have given me some good pointers... but yes, depending on the clarity of the response, I would trust these very critical measurements to someone else. If they turn out to be wrong, I'd shed a tear for my faith in society then suck it up and do the measurements myself and return and swap the incorrect kits... then I'd post a complete walkthrough of the whole process and receive praise beyond measure from all whom are keen to have a nice cruise control on their 2004 955 RS.

I guess the mods can delete this threadsince it doesn't do much.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am with Lenny on this one...

It's the age old challenge of trust versus lazy. I've received some PM's that have given me some good pointers... but yes, depending on the clarity of the response, I would trust these very critical measurements to someone else. If they turn out to be wrong, I'd shed a tear for my faith in society then suck it up and do the measurements myself and return and swap the incorrect kits... then I'd post a complete walkthrough of the whole process and receive praise beyond measure from all whom are keen to have a nice cruise control on their 2004 955 RS.

I guess the mods can delete this threadsince it doesn't do much.
That is the beauty of this forum, can save tons of time and hassle with the help from your rat friends! As we all learn and share we all benefit. Plus I am lazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts