Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to laugh as I recover from a harrowing drive home last night through a blizzard. The Portland area saw as much as 32 inches of snow with 60 mph winds yesterday as a severe winter storm hammered the area.

My R3T still sits in the Triumph showroom as I wait out this stretch of incredible, dangerous weather. I'll get my new bike someday, maybe not before Christmas, but someday. LOL

·
Registered
167 Posts
-6 in Chicago

I feel your pain.
It looks like it is going to be one of those winters where the Rocket will remain in the garage until March.

I did though, take the Rocket apart yesterday to send the pretty parts to the paint shop....so I have that going for me.

Good luck with the Rocket.
Don't know if you've owned one before...but they are a ton of fun.

Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I feel your pain.
It looks like it is going to be one of those winters where the Rocket will remain in the garage until March.

I did though, take the Rocket apart yesterday to send the pretty parts to the paint shop....so I have that going for me.

Merry Christmas.
Actually, they are a luittle under a half of a ton of fun! :D

We (on the East Coast) Have had severe ice and now snow. We got a foot yesterday. Not too much riding now. Although, Ice racing starts in January ;)

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Maine is expecting at least 15 inches plus with high winds as well. I don't think I will be taking the R3 out anytime soon. :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
I;m in MA so I know what you are talking about. It is snowing as I wtrite this. We are supposed to get another 3 to 5 today. YUK! I guess we will be having a white Christmas! My back has yet to recover from yesterday's snow removal exercise! ;)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thanks guys!

I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself, because I think winter here in tennessee is miserable. It is above freezing, and the sun is shining today, so I think I will ride.

I will do the ton, in honor of all of you who are trapped under snow.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks guys!

I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself, because I think winter here in tennessee is miserable. It is above freezing, and the sun is shining today, so I think I will ride.

I will do the ton, in honor of all of you who are trapped under snow.
You are KILLING ME! AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel your pain.

Merry Christmas.

This is my first Triumph. I've ridden BMWs for the past 23 years.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Part of the problem in Oregon is that we're not used to big snow or ice. I'm originally from St. Louis so it's not a barrier for me but these folks panic at 1/2".
They are now requiring chains to drive so I'll be walking to the grocery store 8 blocks away. I walked it last Sunday so I can walk it this sunday. I won't starve. lol I have 6 months fat reserve. :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
I was wrong, it is 19 degrees here, with wind chill, so all you guys got was a QUICK 4 mile ride from me.

I hope you enjoyed it, because I froze my butt off for you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
I was wrong, it is 19 degrees here, with wind chill, so all you guys got was a QUICK 4 mile ride from me.

I hope you enjoyed it, because I froze my butt off for you.

LOL I laugh because if you were in the Portland OR area where I live you'd be required to have chains on for that ride. We're in the midst of a blizzard & ice storm. :)

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
My kids live in Portland. They used to live in Tallin, Estonia. They know snow and never complain about the weather. Weirdos. :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Bob, first, congats on buying the Rocket. You won't be sorry. I have been reading your posts here and the other two web sites. (Nice pictures on the one, do you have more and how much?) I'm sorry to hear that it is still sitting at the dealers. If it was home aleast you can go down and keep it warm. I'm in Texas and we have had some crazy weather here the last month. It will be down in the low 30's tonight and the high of 43. Not bad but not great. I got here by way of New York and St. Louis. The first few snow falls are so nice. Then after that is all just a pain in the butt. Keep warm and keep the post coming.

Ken

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bob, first, congats on buying the Rocket. You won't be sorry. I have been reading your posts here and the other two web sites. (Nice pictures on the one, do you have more and how much?) I'm sorry to hear that it is still sitting at the dealers. If it was home aleast you can go down and keep it warm. I'm in Texas and we have had some crazy weather here the last month. It will be down in the low 30's tonight and the high of 43. Not bad but not great. I got here by way of New York and St. Louis. The first few snow falls are so nice. Then after that is all just a pain in the butt. Keep warm and keep the post coming.

Ken
I got to Oregon by way of St. Louis, NJ, SC

There's 8" of snow here with freezing rain falling on time. More snow tonight and sadly now temps above freezing for many days.

·
Registered
752 Posts
At least you have the Rocket, even though you can't actually ride it.

I rode my VTX almost 250 miles yesterday, 75 degrees, sunny, nice.

I rode another 200 miles today. Got caught in a rain shower...oh and it was 70 degrees, sunny (til the rain), and another nice day.

This is the riding season here in Florida.

Happy Christmas all !

·
Registered
324 Posts
And when I lived in Florida, I didn't have a bike. What was I thinking? I am sitting here now with about 17 inches of snow on the ground, the temps are in the low teens and the wind is howling. It does look like the sun might peek out today though! :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Big Mistake,,,

See, you should have bought the optional snow package for your R3.

Transforms the front wheel to twin skis, and the rear to a flat track type wheel.

Course, you also have to buy the attaching kit.

I'm surprised your salesman didn't suggest it !!!

LOL,,,

Cheers !!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Interesting enough...., I have a Husqvarna TC450 MX bike. I was at my Husky dealer the other day and he tried to sell me that same contraption. Ski on the front and a snowmobike track on the rear.

It's just not the same! :D

Bob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts