Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Helmet storage

Hang it off a mirror? Carry it with the strap in your teeth? Or, buy a helmet lock, install it somewhere on the bike and strap the helmet on that, preferably in the area of your pillion seat.
If you dropped her off, she should have kept the helmet with her.
If picking her up on a whim, and doing it often, invest in a small tail rack and bungee it to that.
Helmets get banged around dangling from a lock so that's not really a good choice but investing in a small tail rack would be good anyway to carry the odd package now and then.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Please. I take my kid to school every day. Wear an empty backpack. When you get where you are going, put her helmet in the backpack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What about that strap on the seat? If you don't have a seat cowl, could you not just cinch the helmet onto the strap?

Depending on the helmet, it should have come with a carrying bag. I've seen people use these by throwing it over their shoulders.

I wouldn't know anything about carrying an extra helmet around though - my wife has her own bike. :D

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
There's just about no way to keep a helmet from flopping this way or that if you simply tie it to the seat strap.

We already have a thread on this subject anyway: Helmet Lock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.