Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

May Triumph of the Month Submission Thread

13K views 49 replies 36 participants last post by  FLY-TRI-GUY 
#1 ·
Welcome to the Triumph of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below:

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. No collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your bike. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all modifications to your bike, if you have done any.*
  3. You must currently own the bike being entered.
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your bike, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your bike.*
  5. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to April's Triumph of the Month winner, @DEcosse!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks to all who voted - my appreciation for your support.

There were some really worthy entries last month - I voted for a few of them myself! :D

Some suggestions for themes going forward (some of my own favourite settings) - barns, graffiti, bridges, city-scape, water (lake, ocean, river)

#6 ·
Hows it going!! I've had a couple S3's 1st was 1998 T509 roulette Green and my current bike is a 2010 Speed Triple 1050! It was matte black I have upgraded to red as you see all leds sequential on the turn signals. I have added a delkevic exhaust an took baffling out. She currently has 3216 miles and runs mint! Also I'm trying to figure out the front suspension..... are the compression and rebound on the different forks? It's weird I'm 160lbs an looking for a good setting no track lots of city an country roads any help would be awesome!! Thanks yall!! Josh I made sure sure she keeps her mask on safety first hehe
Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

#9 ·
2018 Bonneville Speedmaster, 19k miles, with my favourite trip to Nelson in NZ south island (involving a ferry crossing) for the 2020 TRMCC AGM. Additions and improvements:
Dart screen, Brembo 4pot rear brake and disc, shorty levers, barends and risers (all the gold stuff), matris mono-shock and dampers, DRL lights, and half footrests.
Triumph engine bars, teardrop mirrors, comfort seat and dressup headbolt covers.

#10 ·
2010 Speed Triple Special Anniversary Edition.
Favorite ride is always the Distinguished Gentleman's annual ride, 2018 Chicago ride had about 1000 bikes.
Mods include Comp Werkes pipe, Tail Tidy, CGR bar end mirrors and shorty levers, RG axle sliders, carbon fiber hugger, seat cowl and rear body panels.

Attachments

#11 ·
2018 Bonneville T120 w/30,500 miles, original owner, all scheduled maintenance + mods have been performed by yours truly, except for the fork cartridge install and one valve adjustment @ 20K.

Mods from front to back,

Galfer wave rotors front/rear w/EBC HH pads

Evotech axle slider, brake/clutch levers, engine guard

Denali DM 2.0 DRL’s + Soundbomb mini horn

Andreani fork cartridge kit

British Customs fork brace, front brake reservoir cover + rear peg plugs

Aliexpress headlight brackets

J W Speaker 8700 series LED headlight + Motodemic adaptor ring

Rizoma Corsa turn signals front/rear, handlebar endcaps, oil cap, + rear brake fluid reservoir

Arton Works guage faces

CRG Lanesplitter mirrors

Hyperpro steering damper

Triumph handlebar clamp, 4 bar tank emblems, fake carb covers + footpegs

Relocated regulator/rectifier to left hand side cover (after these pics were taken)

Removed EVAP system

STS turn signal cancel system

ACG + clutch covers from ebay seller

Hand polished engine cases

DNK tune + added cruise control using TuneECU and self-installed switch

K + N pod air filters

Motone shifter peg

Meerkat xpipe + mufflers

39T rear sprocket

Modified sprocket cover to open up front sprocket area

Added an electronic turn signal flasher when factory signals failed

Motolectric upgraded starter wiring kit

Luimoto seat cover

Nitron R1 rear shocks

SW Motech chain guard

Morimoto rear brake light with homemade shroud + rear license plate light

#12 · (Edited)
2017 Thruxton S purchased new and just done 11,000km. My favourite aspect of it is looking at it!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Mods include:-
Floating Brembo front brake rotors.
Titanium brake rotor bolts.
Titanium calliper bolts.
Speed Twin wheels.
Titanium sprocket bolts.
Filler cap turned round so hinge at front.
Triumph knee pads.
Honda VTR1000 footpegs.
Delete heel guards.
Fit home made heel guard to rear brake master cyl.
Replace oil filler cap with aluminium Husqvarna item.
Delete snorkel.
Delete faux air cleaners and bracket.
Delete ‘sealed drain’ from airbox.
Delete left hand engine case ‘badge’.
Replace right hand engine case badge with home made finned item.
Delete plastic fill panel under left hand side panel.
Home made stainless steel rear axle adjusters.
Replace windscreen screws with aluminium mush head screws.
Fit standard handle bar risers with 9mm spacers to clear fairing.
Triumph LED indicators.
Paint strip/polish lower fork sliders.
Home made lower ‘carb’ covers.
Home made ‘Amal float bowl covers’.
Mount instrument cluster in fairing.
Aluminium chain guard.
Replace many fasteners with stainless steel.
Bitubo rear shocks.
Replace rear shock top mount bolt.
Polished engine cases.

#13 ·
My name is Marc, and I would like to enter "Ollie" my 2003 Triumph Sprint RS 120ps. She is completely standard apart from a Delkevic with the baffle removed, she makes the nicest sound you will ever hear. Ollie has SAI so she pop's and bangs on the overrun, with nice big blue-orange flames shooting out the back, she's a flirt.

What I really like about Ollie, is the unassuming look. She looks like a sheep, and doesn't have anything about her that shouts out "im fast" but she really does get down the road, and I challenge any superbike of the same era to see if they can keep up with the absolutely insane mid-range this bike has; trust me they will struggle (100Nm), its really a very fast, quick road bike that is cheap to insure and takes everyone by surprise, also being the RS its very nimble around the corners, but still comfy enough for our terrible roads. She is on Michelin Road 5 tyres, which really suit the bike, you can really lean the bike over with confidence.

Most memorable time so far with ollie, hooning up and down the military road last year at the Isle of Wight, she absolutely performed flawlessly, and everyone in my group had a real struggle keeping up with her. Unfortunately the RS is one of those bikes that didn't sell that well, so there aren't many of them about and prices are low still as many are uncared for and used as cheap commuting bikes, so if you find a good one, take care of it because I think these are a real gem of a bike.

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

These pictures were taken today at Newlands Corner, Surrey, England.

#14 ·
my 2007 bonneville 865, I did the obvious and removed the SAIS and added TORS to it as well as fitting the shorter pattern rear mudguard, changed the seat for the thruxton/newchuch type as well as some other minor changes such as fitting the panniers and rail and a chrome chainguard and the screen. Love every ride out on it but last year between covid lockdowns did a four triumph ride out with some mates, a grand day out. It is now nearing 20,000 miles on the clock, it was on 13.500 when I got it just before the recent times.
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Snow Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Water Sky Cloud
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

#21 ·
so mine is originally a 1982 cb900f cafe racer.
Got wrecked in the early 1990s and sat in Yard ever since. Went through two sets of hands before I got it and it was torn down to a bare skeleton frame with nothing but a motor on it....
I had to fabricate the rear end up weld on the suspension mounts and completely remove dress the whole bike with parts off a 1982 cb900f Supersport I got for parts.. its a lot of work getting it where iys at now, and still ha e a long way to go.. I bought all new electrical for it from harness to switches lights and cylinoids.. along with new tread brakes throttle cables and grips.. handle bars came off of a V4 yamerhammer and then the carbs are on the way I just ordered them .. should be here in a day or two.. nothing fancy but its been a hell of an experience..

#22 ·
I think I'll add mine. a 2007 T100 Bonneville that I've had since new.
nothing special but it has served me well having clocked up close to 180,000 kilometers, about 112,000 miles. the chrome engine covers have stood up well, but the main engine casings are oil stained and a close look of the bike reveals worn foot pegs and general wear and tear and patina, but overall still in good nick.

the header pipes are black and burnt having lost their chrome long ago so I will probably wrap them with tape in the near future.

I got rear ended the other week and the car that hit me wrecked my rear guard and number plate. so now has a new Thrux guard and new number plate. the old guard was bobbed Thruxton style long ago. the tail light has some slight damage so may purchase a Lucas style unit along with new blinkers. but when do you stop modding, especially a bike that is high mileage? having said that it still goes very well and performed ok loaded up with gear during a recent 3,000 kilometre tour of Tasmania.

mods as per signature, the most significant being Dominator cans, TTP breathe for the air box, carb re-jetting, TTP ignitor, Thrux bars, Halcyon bar end mirrors, Burton seat and my favourite a Monza gas cap plus some other odds and sods I cant remember plus plenty of regular maintenance. saddle bags, dart screen and grab rail come on and off depending if I'm touring. for just running around I prefer it minimal as is now.

photos were taken yesterday. it was a cold wintry day just out of Melbourne down near Phillip Island

#25 ·
Hi all.
My new to me 2010 Rocket iii.
Only had about 3 week after writing off my evo Harley.
Has aftermarket slip on mufflers and cat delete. Re-mapped to suit.
I’ve just put on new t-bars (originals were too low for me.
My ram air has just arrived from the uk (I’m in NZ)
Bit of a change but I just can’t get over the torque of this thing.

#26 · (Edited)
Welcome to the Triumph of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below:

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. No collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your bike. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all modifications to your bike, if you have done any.*
  3. You must currently own the bike being entered.
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your bike, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your bike.*
  5. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged
Haia from Sunny North Wales...
My 1200 XC Scrambler, 'Macs' (Macsen Wledig, look it up), reminds me of the British bikes of the 60s inasmuch as it invokes the spirit of those rides for me. The sound and torque are what I remember, not the speed - I never was, and never will be, a fast rider.
Macs allows me to burble along and explore (just splorin') the broken back-roads around here, getting deep into the heart of the country.
Macs has OEM accessories: Flyscreen, handguards, heated grips, centre stand and pannier. I've added lowering springs along with dropping the yokes as I'm a short-arse so I can actually reach the ground on those broken roads. Also added a mini soundbomb to 'wake up' errant zombie tourists who have strayed out of their comfort zone.
[Edited: Ooops! forgot the bar end mirrors and SW-Motech tank strap and bag!]

This is Macs on the Hellfire Pass.

And on the Aberhirnant Pass

And finally, up on the moorland just above my house - running home before yet another thunderstorm last Sunday.

#27 ·
The bike is a 2020 BB mostly stock except for rat pipes and some brass Motone accessories, debadged one side aftet losing a letter. Did some custom throttle body covers and used the same material inside the inspection cover for added effect. Built a custom springer seat but my bracket is a little too soft and will need a harder replacement as it cant take a hard bottom out with 200lbs+ on top of it without bending a little. Couldn't find a good recent shot of just the full bike but I am dressed for the ocassion of a gentlemans ride so...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.