Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
Test data for Vehicle Details
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the Triumph of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below:

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. No collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your bike. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all modifications to your bike, if you have done any.*
  3. You must currently own the bike being entered.
  4. Include a short description of your favorite aspect of your bike, or your favorite memory or ride taken with your bike.*
  5. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
* These are optional but encouraged

Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to April's Triumph of the Month winner, @DEcosse!

·
Administrator
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After this month, I will start trying to incorporate themes to keep things fresh. So for this month, feel free to enter whatever photos you'd like.

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
Thanks to all who voted - my appreciation for your support.

There were some really worthy entries last month - I voted for a few of them myself! :D

Some suggestions for themes going forward (some of my own favourite settings) - barns, graffiti, bridges, city-scape, water (lake, ocean, river)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hows it going!! I've had a couple S3's 1st was 1998 T509 roulette Green and my current bike is a 2010 Speed Triple 1050! It was matte black I have upgraded to red as you see all leds sequential on the turn signals. I have added a delkevic exhaust an took baffling out. She currently has 3216 miles and runs mint! Also I'm trying to figure out the front suspension..... are the compression and rebound on the different forks? It's weird I'm 160lbs an looking for a good setting no track lots of city an country roads any help would be awesome!! Thanks yall!! Josh I made sure sure she keeps her mask on safety first hehe
20210430_164332.jpg
20210430_164345.jpg
20210430_164337.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Bonneville Speedmaster
3 Posts
2018 Bonneville Speedmaster, 19k miles, with my favourite trip to Nelson in NZ south island (involving a ferry crossing) for the 2020 TRMCC AGM. Additions and improvements:
Dart screen, Brembo 4pot rear brake and disc, shorty levers, barends and risers (all the gold stuff), matris mono-shock and dampers, DRL lights, and half footrests.
Triumph engine bars, teardrop mirrors, comfort seat and dressup headbolt covers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2010 Speed Triple Special Anniversary Edition.
Favorite ride is always the Distinguished Gentleman's annual ride, 2018 Chicago ride had about 1000 bikes.
Mods include Comp Werkes pipe, Tail Tidy, CGR bar end mirrors and shorty levers, RG axle sliders, carbon fiber hugger, seat cowl and rear body panels.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Triumph T120 2020 BMW R1250R
911 Posts
2018 Bonneville T120 w/30,500 miles, original owner, all scheduled maintenance + mods have been performed by yours truly, except for the fork cartridge install and one valve adjustment @ 20K.

Mods from front to back,

Galfer wave rotors front/rear w/EBC HH pads

Evotech axle slider, brake/clutch levers, engine guard

Denali DM 2.0 DRL’s + Soundbomb mini horn

Andreani fork cartridge kit

British Customs fork brace, front brake reservoir cover + rear peg plugs

Aliexpress headlight brackets

J W Speaker 8700 series LED headlight + Motodemic adaptor ring

Rizoma Corsa turn signals front/rear, handlebar endcaps, oil cap, + rear brake fluid reservoir

Arton Works guage faces

CRG Lanesplitter mirrors

Hyperpro steering damper

Triumph handlebar clamp, 4 bar tank emblems, fake carb covers + footpegs

Relocated regulator/rectifier to left hand side cover (after these pics were taken)

Removed EVAP system

STS turn signal cancel system

ACG + clutch covers from ebay seller

Hand polished engine cases

DNK tune + added cruise control using TuneECU and self-installed switch

K + N pod air filters

Motone shifter peg

Meerkat xpipe + mufflers

39T rear sprocket

Modified sprocket cover to open up front sprocket area

Added an electronic turn signal flasher when factory signals failed

Motolectric upgraded starter wiring kit

Luimoto seat cover

Nitron R1 rear shocks

SW Motech chain guard

Morimoto rear brake light with homemade shroud + rear license plate light

·
Registered
2017 Thruxton S
126 Posts
2017 Thruxton S purchased new and just done 11,000km. My favourite aspect of it is looking at it!

20210124_102857 copy.jpeg

Mods include:-
Floating Brembo front brake rotors.
Titanium brake rotor bolts.
Titanium calliper bolts.
Speed Twin wheels.
Titanium sprocket bolts.
Filler cap turned round so hinge at front.
Triumph knee pads.
Honda VTR1000 footpegs.
Delete heel guards.
Fit home made heel guard to rear brake master cyl.
Replace oil filler cap with aluminium Husqvarna item.
Delete snorkel.
Delete faux air cleaners and bracket.
Delete ‘sealed drain’ from airbox.
Delete left hand engine case ‘badge’.
Replace right hand engine case badge with home made finned item.
Delete plastic fill panel under left hand side panel.
Home made stainless steel rear axle adjusters.
Replace windscreen screws with aluminium mush head screws.
Fit standard handle bar risers with 9mm spacers to clear fairing.
Triumph LED indicators.
Paint strip/polish lower fork sliders.
Home made lower ‘carb’ covers.
Home made ‘Amal float bowl covers’.
Mount instrument cluster in fairing.
Aluminium chain guard.
Replace many fasteners with stainless steel.
Bitubo rear shocks.
Replace rear shock top mount bolt.
Polished engine cases.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My name is Marc, and I would like to enter "Ollie" my 2003 Triumph Sprint RS 120ps. She is completely standard apart from a Delkevic with the baffle removed, she makes the nicest sound you will ever hear. Ollie has SAI so she pop's and bangs on the overrun, with nice big blue-orange flames shooting out the back, she's a flirt.

What I really like about Ollie, is the unassuming look. She looks like a sheep, and doesn't have anything about her that shouts out "im fast" but she really does get down the road, and I challenge any superbike of the same era to see if they can keep up with the absolutely insane mid-range this bike has; trust me they will struggle (100Nm), its really a very fast, quick road bike that is cheap to insure and takes everyone by surprise, also being the RS its very nimble around the corners, but still comfy enough for our terrible roads. She is on Michelin Road 5 tyres, which really suit the bike, you can really lean the bike over with confidence.

Most memorable time so far with ollie, hooning up and down the military road last year at the Isle of Wight, she absolutely performed flawlessly, and everyone in my group had a real struggle keeping up with her. Unfortunately the RS is one of those bikes that didn't sell that well, so there aren't many of them about and prices are low still as many are uncared for and used as cheap commuting bikes, so if you find a good one, take care of it because I think these are a real gem of a bike.

20210509_142303.jpg

These pictures were taken today at Newlands Corner, Surrey, England.

·
Registered
67 Posts
my 2007 bonneville 865, I did the obvious and removed the SAIS and added TORS to it as well as fitting the shorter pattern rear mudguard, changed the seat for the thruxton/newchuch type as well as some other minor changes such as fitting the panniers and rail and a chrome chainguard and the screen. Love every ride out on it but last year between covid lockdowns did a four triumph ride out with some mates, a grand day out. It is now nearing 20,000 miles on the clock, it was on 13.500 when I got it just before the recent times.
3 green fence.JPG
IMG_20210501_131657.jpg
IMG_20210501_150231.jpg

·
Administrator
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Happy Monday! Lets get some more awesome submissions in this week! :)

As a reminder, you cast your vote by "liking" the submissions of your choice. You can vote for as many or as little as you want.

-Mike

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
762 Posts
That’s a cool Corbin seat, great style and comfort, u paid a couple beans for that I bet, looks well worth it. I have had some nice corbins, still have a spare one on for my HD.....FTG

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s a cool Corbin seat, great style and comfort, u paid a couple beans for that I bet, looks well worth it. I have had some nice corbins, still have a spare one on for my HD.....FTG
Yes it cost me a bit but well worth the cost. Best seat out there specially if your doing long rides.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts