Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yo guys,

I was thinking about selling my 2008 Speedy for a killer deal on a Tiger due to the long distance capabilities.

I've got Pazzo levers, belly pan, flyscreen, Ermax undertail, Braking ( Galfer) rear wave rotor, aluminum reservoir, grip heat, kaoko throttle ( cruise ) control. Triumph tank bag, cover and Triumph warranty till July 2010 and registered till July 09. I bought it new in July 08. Has 17k miles and religious maintenance. It runs as new and you can check with my dealer as I took it there today and told them I may sell it. New chain and sprockets are on the way too even though there is life left. I take no chances. The undertail and belly pan are not in this photo.
Ya...I've got money into it but I've got a good deal waiting for me.
There are very light scratches on the clutch cover from a tip over in a dirt turnout. They might not show in the new photos coming but if it bothers you, I can get a new clutch cover.

Does $6000 cash sound like steal of a deal?

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Are you selling it for real this time? I remember when your were asking for "should I sell it?" opinions not long after you got it. I can't understand why you would after constantly putting so much $ into it. Do you not like the newly installed clip-on's? Or is it that the naked asian chick is making you sell it because she would rather take pictures on a Tiger now? :confused:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're funny.... No, I just finished the Death Valley loop and want a tour bike. Speedy did really well but the Tiger or the St1300 will do better. I am going into more long distance riding. Oh ya, I have a MIVV pipe for it and the Clip -ons which I have not put on yet.
Someone will get one hell of a deal.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
It would be a great price, if you were in shipping or within a reasonable driving distance, but doesn't sound like to me your really not wanting to sell it without including where the bike is.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh sorry....It's in Fresno,CA

There are no catches or anything fishy. You really should come out and ride it if you haven't ridden a speedy. You can see by my mileage that I love the thing but they are too radical for some riders.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
....it's relative. It's only a deal because I've got a killer deal lined up too. If my deal goes away, then my bike is no longer for sale.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No...I am not stripping the parts off. The buyer gets it all.
They need to come out here and have a look and ride it to make sure it fits them. No wire transfers or Nigerian checks...yada...yada.

·
Registered
848 Posts
....You can see by my mileage that I love the thing....
I think the question you should be asking yourself Matt is are you going to be doing enough touring to make a Tiger better than Speedy vs. all the other riding on Speedy that went into your above statement? ;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya...I know that... I can own two bikes but it's gonna hurt during these economic times...especially this week. We are headed for a depression. This is much worse than a recession. Who are they kidding? We have unemployment figures here of 20% and neighboring counties are up to 40% in the farm counties. So, I really only want to own one bike and a good gun.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh.... I also forgot to mention that I have a new $80 BMC air filter and a gallon of full synthetic 15/50 mobil one that gets put in 1000 miles from now with a purolator gold oil filter... Another $140 worth of stuff.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Damn, I wish you were closer than
Cali. I would be ALL over that, I've
got countless people wanting to give
me 6 for my ride but finding a Speedy
close enough for me to pick it up is
the trick.

Best of luck, it shouldn't last long at
that killer price!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sounds like your ready to sell, I would say that that asking price would be at low retail for that year/mileage per. NADA. Not including any of the extra parts that you have to offer as incentive to buy, I would not be afraid to buy a bike of that mileage if a seller could show me that the bike (maintainace) is up to spec. Sounds like a good deal for a buyer. Good luck.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just ride it back ...simple. I just finished a 1200 mile ride on it.
I have only advertised it here and have not put it on Craigslist or in the paper yet. I'll do that when I take the new pics unless I suddenly change my mind again.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like your ready to sell, I would say that that asking price would be at low retail for that year/mileage per. NADA. Not including any of the extra parts that you have to offer as incentive to buy, I would not be afraid to buy a bike of that mileage if a seller could show me that the bike (maintainace) is up to spec. Sounds like a good deal for a buyer. Good luck.
Yep...me too. That's why I bought new. I control the break-in procedure and upkeep. I am the original owner with all records in the Triumph case that's many pages thick. The engine is gold. Doesn't burn or leak a drop ever. Gotta love that synthetic with frequent oil changes. Plus, it has warranty till 7/10. The only thing I have had done is a clutch cable replaced under warranty. It was chafing the cable casing from a wire keeper behind the radiator. The 2009's do not have this wire keeper.
The last major was at 12k. Specs were great. Now it has 17k. All fluids were changed at 16k except oil which I change every 2k-2.5k because oil is cheap insurance. I have changed it in 1k miles if I ride it real hard. New chain on order so it's good to go for quite a while.
It is the real McCoy. I'll post on CL tomorrow with the link here and photos.

·
Banned
557 Posts
hang tight.....I'm in San Diego and I have an email to a work colleague who is VERY much in the market for a bike. I'll let you know as soon as he gets back to me...which should be pretty quick.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts