Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I was riding my 2001 tiger. When I went to take off from a stoplight, it stalled. The bike didnt have enough battery to even turn over the engine. There was no warning that the juice was low.

I had been riding in city traffic for about 10 minutes. I had the grip heaters on high. This bike was outfitted with the extra relay to run both headlights, and also has a pair of auxillary lights fitted (small automotive foglights I think).

I think this must have been too much of a current draw at low RPM. Are there any guidelines to how much power we can pull from the bike at different operating conditions?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think you should have your charging system checked out. I run a Gerbings liner and my grips on a lot and even with the charging system behaving sickly, it doesn't draw down like that.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had a similar problem in the summer.Mine cut out in stop start traffic,cooling fan running,and both headlights on.Just the same no power to turn over the engine,completely dead.Fitted a new battery
and never had a problem since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts