Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

A while back I installed one of the Maund FEKs (looks awesome BTW). Unfortunately I discovered my taillight was out the other night. When I removed the lens I noticed that the bulb had been in contact with the top of the lens. The buld melted into the lens and eventually broke (the bulb not the lens). Now I need to replace both the lens and the bulb. Does anyone know if the bulb is just an ordinary 1157? Also, is there a low profile version, or even better an LED replacement (so I don't have the same problem)? One last question, does anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement lens?

Thanks,
-nijusan

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why don't u just call Maund in Pasadena? They were very nice to me, probably would want to know of a defect and may replace your lense. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi Its a standard brake and tail light bulb, you can buy many aftermarket bulbs cases with led's mounted inside. However I would be wanting to know why yours was so close to the lens and why it got so hot as it shouldn't. I run the Lucas rear light and have had no such problems.

Chris.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts