Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Thinking about summer coming up and getting the bike ready, and the maintenance I need to do.

Amongst all the usual fluids and such, I need to replace the reservoir for my front master cylinder as I managed to break it - tried to take the cap off a while back without removing the retainer.

Bike Bandit wants $82 for a new one, which I think is a little steep for a plastic cup. There has to be another bike out there using the same or an interchangeable cup that cost less (Honda, Yamaha, etc.).

Does anyone know of a suitable, lower cost stand in? It will be going on a 2003 Triumph Sprint ST.

Thanx!!

Matt

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Or you could opt for the black anodized aluminum one that Triumph sells. It is one of the best finished ones I have seen.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
+1 on OnD's suggestion for the anodized brake reservoir. I had this installed on my new ST before delivery. Nice bit of kit!

Triumph part number is A9628016, list is $80.00 USD

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have the master cylinder from a 2005 Hayabusa on my '01 ST, and it's awesome. It's an integrated design instead of the goofy remote reservoir. It looks way better than the stock setup and isn't going to fall apart like the plastic original. Oh, and the Triumph brake lever fits on it, too.

I will warn you, though. After you've got it on there, you'll think Triumph is run by silly dolts for not putting it on there stock.

Did i mention that it's awesome? :)

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I'll tell you one thing: after all the integrated reservoir screws I've drilled out over the years, I sure am happy to have a remote reservoir with a big ol' screw top on it! :eek:

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
5 Posts
GSXR 1000 (2008) I think....is the identical part to the one you are after. I paid $45 for it from the local Suzuki dealer when Triumph wanted $154.

Love the bikes......disgraceful parts availablity and pricing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts