Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have experience with mounting aux lights using the Martin Fab brackets (also sold by Aerostitch)? I mounted some PIAA 1100's with them, but they are down on the front fender bolts where I worry about what will happen off road. Brilliant (literally) on the road, of course. Have the Touratech engine bars so I couldn't mount the lights on the bars, maybe should have gone with the Ma's bars back when I got them.

Anyone crack a light off road with these? Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to follow up (lots of views but no replies!!), I've tested the Martin brackets with the PIAA's the last few weeks on as many dirt/gravel roads as I can find. They seem to do just fine, just have to mind my distance when following another bike. I guess if the lights crack they crack, but so far so good....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Light Mounts

Hi I have an 06 Tiger that I have mounted 5 inch Lightforce HID lights on. Used a piece of 1/8 thick 2x3 angle cut to fit under the turn signal stalks. Tested to 130 mph. Lights mount nice and high away from road junk. No vibration noted. Had small, PIAA sized lights on the 06 and the 99 with no trouble. Takes about an hour to make brackets using hack saw, drill and 5 inch sander. Pix and template link to other Tiger list on this forum under "Anyone Mount Lights to TB crash Bars?" post. Make sure to fit the aluminum closely to the radius of the plastic cheeks and drill the hole to fit the tit on the turn signal tightly. Even uses the stock mounting bolt. Cost about 2 dollars total for materials.

Tigger_Rider

1 - 3 of 3 Posts