Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am, happily married to my Sprint. Was out with her today after washing and polishing her so that she totally gleamed. Perfect weather..was feeling fine and proud...

until

I saw her at the local dealer.. and I cannot stop drooling over her. Cannot understand it as she is not my type at all...there is just something about her that is driving me crazy with desire.

I am hoping it will pass... otherwise I will just have to have her too.
Guys give me some words of wisdom to overcome these bizarre feelings.

Anyways.. here she is.. maybe you will understand:

·
Registered
509 Posts
I understand, all right. My dealer has one of those on the showroom floor.

I actually stopped at a local dealer up here in Chicago land and he has a 1 year old MV Agusta R312 on the floor at a very nice price. If only I had the money.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Get over it. Beauty is only skin deep.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Ride your ST to the Victory dealer

Take a demo ride on that bike

Ride your ST home

Done. You got it out of your system.

denoose

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I have ridden many Vegas' and I absolutley love them. As a matter of fact I was dealing on a Vegas 2 days before I bought my Sprint. The deal fell through and I went to the Triumph dealer and bought my Sprint but let me tell you, A vegas is still on my wish list.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That bike is sweet, I think it may be the only victory I actually like.

On a side note - cal I love the new avatar, you should make that into a sticker. I would love to have it on my jeep. It would also make a sweet tatoo. hmm

Back to the original thread topic now:D

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Victory' are sweet bikes! :cool: I test rode a Hammer and was lusting after one of those, or a Kingpin. From what I've heard, they are very reliable bikes and just about every owner loves them!
I was at the Triumph open house at the local dealer today, and a guy with a blue and white Kingpin stopped by. Gorgeous looking bike!

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Nope don't understand

Each to their own but to answer the OP.

No I don't understand but then I do not like cruisers of any ilk.

Give me a sports bike or sporty sports tourer any day of the week.

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
New Guzzi 1200 Sport.......finally with four valve heads, so likely it will make 110 BHP/ 85 Lb ft torque...........<<< guesswork, based on 2 valver!!

Apparently it rides quite well, if it's a 'traditonal Guzzi' sportster it will be slower steering than a Sprint/Daytona but get it set up in a bend and nothing will move it......my old Le Mans steered like it was on rails, but was hard to 'flick around' like a .................675 Street Trip, for instance!

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Here is my current lust. I know I may get flayed for it but I really think this machine is pure sexy on wheels despite its lack of "exoticness" its a bloody gorgeous bike.

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Here is my current lust. I know I may get flayed for it but I really think this machine is pure sexy on wheels despite its lack of "exoticness" its a bloody gorgeous bike.
I agree Calli although I am more interested in the fact that it has the most useful power delivery of all the litre superbikes.

The GXS R1000 is the most user friendly of the Japanese litre sports bikes.

DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Yep and that is why the R1 has no appeal to me and nor does the ZX10 although I love the looks of the ZX.

I do think with a set of conti bars and some creative bag work the Gixxer would also make an unbelievable machine to spend some serious time on and tour.

I walked into the dealer here in Edmonton and saw the white and silver with those swooping cans and fell in love right there and then.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I lust after older Italian beauties still in their prime, particularly the redheads:

Really don't have time for that 'murican trailer park trash ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
That's part of the charm. No need to spend time establishing and maintaining a "relationship" - just caress her once in a while and she's all fired up and ready to ride hard.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Iggy,
That would be a hard bike to find where you live. I grew up in Penticton and foreign iron like that is rare.

Its a beaut.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts