Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Having no experience with Triumph dealerships in CT, other than the Gengras, I found this thread very helpful. Look forward to getting up there to check out some bikes soon, if this weather would ever warm up!

·
Registered
55 Posts
My wife and I will be there. I am still looking for a replacement for My 1999 Sprint ST. The problem is that I have not ridden a bike I like better or is as much fun!!! I have been looking for 4 years and have ridden BMWs, Indians, Ducatis, EBRs, other Triumphs. I still have not found the bike the leaves me smiling like a fool every time I ride it like the ST does.

·
Super Moderator
2,789 Posts
I bought my XCx from them. So far its been a great experience. Time will tell for sure though. I'll try and check back in whenever I interact with them to update this thread.

·
Super Moderator
2,789 Posts
I bought a "different" brand from them just a month after buying my XCx and that transaction went just as well. The unit I was looking at was a leftover so I knew I had a bargaining chip in my favor. So I did my homework and went in with the price I'd be willing to pay and dealt with Jen (owner) directly and she made the numbers work. A couple weeks after the purchase we had an issue with the parking light fuse blowing out, they got it right in and fixed it within a day. So far I've been happy with them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been to Mark's a few times, initially talked Royal Enfield's but was directed towards the Triumph's for size etc. So far Mark and his team are righteous. I'm looking at a 96 Adventurer so I am going to talk them and see if anyone there can handle carbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought RS from them a week ago. Very nice and professional team. Recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I pick up my t120 Black from Marks tomorrow. So far, the experience has been great. Once she comes out from behind the curtain, it's obvious that Jen really runs the place. ;)
Jen who? I didn't know there was a Jen there. What's she look like, because I know another Jen who ran a Triumph/Kawasaki/Yamaha shop. Gone now.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Good to know there's more and more women in motorcycling, especially the business side of it. I know a few, one an ex-racer who works on the wholesale supply side of it. I think I may have met Jen when I was last there, didn't know her role.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Maybe it's my NY/NJ metro area that I live in, but it's a challenge to find an honest, friendly dealership. That's why I drove 270 miles round trip twice this year to buy at Mark's. They have always been up-front and honest, and really do care that you will be happy with your purchase. I dealt with a couple different sales people who were great. Both times, I sat down with Jen to complete the paperwork and the purchase. She is a great person, very knowledgeable and an experienced rider too. Also both times, Mark came out of the service area to talk with me, shake my hand, and thank me for the business. IMO, there's nothing more one could ask for in a dealership.

·
Super Moderator
2,789 Posts
Any recent updates on this dealer? Someone from the dealer used to keep it active back in the day. I haven't been back there or dealt with them in a few years now.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The last email I received from them was Nov 30. Maybe slow due to winter? AFAIK they’re still there.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I bought my '14 Thruxton from them and was treated very well. Nice family business and both Mark and Jen are well connected and they run a clean business, although Jen would benefit from a nice day at the spa now and then...

61 - 80 of 81 Posts