Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of this dealer in Enfield, CT?
Curious if they picked up the franchise from Gengras.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Anyone know of this dealer in Enfield, CT?
Curious if they picked up the franchise from Gengras.
I believe that is the case. I haven't been there yet as Libby's the closest dealer to me.

There is supposed to be another new dealer in Norwich, CT.

Someone posted in the "Welcome Center" last week

about Street Stuff Triumph of New England.

Where in Ct are you?

Gerry

·
Super Moderator
2,790 Posts
Yes Marks has picked up Triumph but I can't say for sure if they took over Gengras's place or not. So far I have heard good things about Marks but I have no firsthand experience with them. And as Gerry said, there is a new dealer in Norwich as well.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where in Ct are you?
Gerry
In the middle, was convenient to Canton Cycles and Gengras; not so much to Libbys and not at all to Branchville.
There are 2 in that list that I wouldn't/won't give a second thought, but Enfield is a reasonable distance.

They seem to have a bunch of ATVs shown and I would hope that's not an indication of focus.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Marks has picked up Triumph but I can't say for sure if they took over Gengras's place or not.
I assumed that could be the case only because I knew that Gengras aquired the franchise from Canton Cycles, so I assumed that just so many are issued in an area and they changed hands as SOP.
But it really doesn't matter.

The only two dealers that I'd support are not in CT so hopefully Marks turns out to be a good Triumph dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2,790 Posts
The only CT Triumph dealership I have dealt with was Gengras and they did not impress. Their service writer was excellent but that is as far as that service went.

For me now, Marks and Performance Cycles in MA are about equal distance so I'm not sure which I'd choose. I haven't been to either place so I guess I'd have to start there first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am very familiar with Mark's Motorsports. In fact, I'm sitting here as I type this. Because I work here.
To clear up any confusion, we are not an ATV shop that picked up some motorcycles. We actually carry more brands of bikes than ATVs!
We didn't directly take over the franchise from Gengras. When Gengras closed their Euro division, we jumped at the opportunity to become part of such an iconic brand. Personally, I prefer to be on two wheels than four and I was absolutely thrilled when we picked up the line. We went 0-60 faster than a Rocket III, making Triumph our flagship motorcycle brand from day 1. Our walls are covered in parts, accessories, clothing, and riding gear, and our floor is fully stocked with bikes.

Here's a little image I was working on for some advertising. I took that photo of our showroom this morning.
Yes, that's the 2013 Striple. Yes, it's absolutely sick looking. Yes, I want one.

We have some events and programs coming up soon but I don't want to get too commercial on my personal account. For more info, you can check us out on our Facebook.

If you have any other questions, feel free to message me, call the shop, or drop by. I'd be happy to give anyone the tour!

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Phil,
Now you need some '13 Tiger 800's and I'll be seein ya.

Good luck in the endeavor.

·
Super Moderator
2,790 Posts
Hey Phil,
Are you guys open to doing labor OR warranty work to Triumphs that weren't purchased from Marks? I know some dealers dislike doing that.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the best service of my life from a non-selling dealer and I drive 165 miles to get there to maintain the relationship.

Work is work and it shouldn't matter where it comes from.

·
Super Moderator
2,790 Posts
I got the best service of my life from a non-selling dealer and I drive 165 miles to get there to maintain the relationship.

Work is work and it shouldn't matter where it comes from.
I guess you had better luck there than I did and I BOUGHT my bike from there! I was really hoping for more from them.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess you had better luck there than I did and I BOUGHT my bike from there! I was really hoping for more from them.
I've owned enough new vehicles that I've learned not to be fooled by any implied obligation of getting service where the vehicle was purchased.

Unfortunately service can be only as good as the technician du-jour and sometimes they need guiding by the customer to experience the issue at hand. Sorry it didn't work out for you.
If I had a choice I'd be dealing with Triumph Detroit who is at the top of my list, but that's really a long ride.

It seems that we have five dealers in our state now and two of the older ones crossed the line with me or people that I know by giving poor service, charging more than quoted or just plain not showing an interest wanting new customers. As much as I believe in local support, business loyalty has to be earned.

There's always hope for the new guy on the block and time will tell. It didn't take long in East Hartford.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We will absolutely work on bikes that were purchased elsewhere, warranty or otherwise. Our guys are factory trained and fully outfitted with the required specialty tools, and as a new Triumph dealer, I would never say "no" to forming new relationships!

You can call us the shop (860) 741-5115 and talk to the service writer Chandler with any questions or for time and price quotes.

If anyone is interested in checking out the shop and meeting our crew here, we're going to be hosting a Triumph Reveal of the Trophy, Street Triple, and Daytona on Saturday, Jan. 26th from 9a-1p.

Also, if my posts are getting a little too commercial, just let me know.

-PG

·
Super Moderator
2,790 Posts
Sounds good Phil.

We're asking the questions and you're answering them. I don't see a harm in that.

I might take a run up the 26th to check things out, if not sooner.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts