Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new left map tube for my 2010 tbird, and I wanted to let everyone know that they've redesigned the connector that has been problematic for so many people. I'm replacing mine because the connector on the throttle-body end was dry-rotted and split. This connector has gone bad on both sides in the past 6 months, causing stalling issues. The new tubes have a much smaller 45 degree elbow on the tank end that looks to be a much tighter fit. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, because this could alleviate issues for some. Took a month to get the part. I also wanted to make sure people check the connectors on both ends to ensure they are in good shape. There needs to be a good seal.
Adam

·
Registered
16 Posts
athenstiger - THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU !!! I've suffered through months of stalling, and loud knocking/pinging under acceleration with my 2011 Storm. I've taken it to my triumph dealer 3 times with no luck. After reading your post, I called my triumph dealer to ask about the possibility that the cause could be the mapping tubes. The service manager said it was very unlikely that was the cause. He said it would show a fault and there wasn't one. So even though it's still under warrantee, I said to order them and I'd pay out of pocket if I was wrong. The only change they made was to switch out the map tubes and the difference is incredible. It's like a new bike. The knocking is completely gone. It has more power than it ever has had ( bought it as a demo in Feb/14 with 700kms ). I am one happy Storm owner again ! Thanks Adam
Wayne

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just ordered a new left map tube for my 2010 tbird, and I wanted to let everyone know that they've redesigned the connector that has been problematic for so many people. I'm replacing mine because the connector on the throttle-body end was dry-rotted and split. This connector has gone bad on both sides in the past 6 months, causing stalling issues. The new tubes have a much smaller 45 degree elbow on the tank end that looks to be a much tighter fit. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, because this could alleviate issues for some. Took a month to get the part. I also wanted to make sure people check the connectors on both ends to ensure they are in good shape. There needs to be a good seal.
Adam
I replaced my map tubes with the correct size rubber vacuum tube from my local Napa store.. I'm not sure why Triumph even thought of designing these special fittings in the first place.. ???????

·
Registered
65 Posts
that makes sense. Just never heard it called a map to before. It was always a vacuum line to me. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I'm reluctant to believe they MAP lines have been redesigned. Can u offer REAL evidence of this? Photos?

I've seen a few people with the new LT and Commander mention they're MAP lines popped off. If there's been a redesign.. it didn't help much.

Also.. I'd expect a recall if there was a redesign due to a design flaw..?!!!

Proof please???

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Slamee, put a small dab of super glue on it.. and zip tie it to the frame. It worked for me. Mine popped off 4-5 times.. but I've done over a year and 5000 miles since gluing it.. trouble free.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
update

Just wanted to update everyone that my bike has had zero idle issues since replacing the MAP tubes and loading the TORS tune. 2010 1600 with stick pipes and K&N air filter. Not a single stall sputter or problem, and the bike is loving this cool weather. I suggest anyone that is having stalling or idle issues to get these replaced under warranty if you can, although not too expensive from Bike Bandit. Just have to wait for them on back-order.
thanks,
Adam

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I just bought a 2013 and I see NOTHING that looks even remotely like the picture above unless you have to remove the gas tank to see it.

I see something that looks vaguely like "A" above but nothing that looks like B.

There is a lot of room under my injectors...a lot of room.

Do you have to remove the tank to see these?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I just bought a 2013 and I see NOTHING that looks even remotely like the picture above unless you have to remove the gas tank to see it.

I see something that looks vaguely like "A" above but nothing that looks like B.

There is a lot of room under my injectors...a lot of room.

Do you have to remove the tank to see these?
No, that picture was taken with the tank on and everything in place as you see it. Look under the front area of your tank from the right side (right side as though you were sitting on the bike). The overlapping of wires and tubes could be a bit different, so perhaps yours are hiding under some wiring.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts