Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could choose to embody a particular style in your meetings (office, client, service, face to face, board, PTA, church, service club), and you had to take that style from a character on TV or Film, what character style would you pick?

In my team training meetings I'd like to be Bricktop from Snatch.

Dayum - I can't find a youtube clip without the F bomb- just google him!

·
30,309 Posts
Well, I find that one single style doesn't do it for me.

I have to do a morning meeting every day with my engineering group - and I base my style for that one on a detective character played by Clive Owen in a detective series called "second sight" - it's a cold - factual - straight forward - this is what we have to do meeting.

But there are times when I have to be "Big Chris" or "Barry the Baptist" from Lock Stock, and other times when I have to be more conciliatory - I don't know who I seek inspiration from on that one. I'll have to think. Obi Wan Kenobi probably. (The Alec Guiness one, not wassisname).

To be honest - the best role model you can have for managing a group of people is a kindergarten teacher. :D

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
Wallace Ritchie. Okay, he wasn't really a manager, but oh well.

·
Premium Member
9,797 Posts
When I had my own business in Sydney, I was often told that my management style emulated Bernard from Black Books.

·
Registered
984 Posts

With his mad fung-ku skillz, all my meetings would be filled with family-safe fun chaos and mayhem. :D

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
I am currently enrolled in the BBC school of the "Office"
Calli, when do you anticipate getting your certificate in the mail? :D

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
There's no contest: Gorden Ramsay from Kitchen Nightmares http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchen_Nightmares
and Hell's Kitchen. The Kitchen Nightmares episodes would actually make good teaching material for some kind of twisted management school.

If I had been exposed to Gorden Ramsay earlier in my career it might have saved me from a poor performance review that I once received when I worked at Boeing. My boss actually wrote in the review that I didn't swear enough.

Rich

1 - 17 of 17 Posts