Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have been trusted to help get a 1995 Speed Triple 1050 road ready for a 3k+ mile trip West. Thing is, I do not have the owners manual and have never messed with a Triumph as far as maintenance goes.

I have done much searching via the internet on our two issues at the moment with zero results. And would so much appreciate any insight or info any of you folks may have.

Having a bit of a hard time determining just how much oil should be in the bike and checking the oil level after oil and filter has been changed. Right now there is a new filter and 4qts in her. After running a bit, then sitting a bit, I use the dip stick to check. Bike is upright at this time. When not threaded back down, there is just a touch of oil on the tip. But when turned/threaded down, then back removed I see the oil line in between the two marking lines.

Does this sound like the right amount of oil and am I checking level correctly?

·
Registered
84 Posts
As far as I know on all hinkley triumphs with dipsticks the level is checked with the stick screwed fully in with the bike sitting on level ground and both wheels on the deck. The oil should be level with the top mark.

A standard 1995 bike wont be a 1050, you might want to clarify exatly which speedey we are talking about.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for help on dip stick oil checking procedure.

Oh, and right...her motor bike is not a 1050...was thinking of a Tiger when I typed that. 885 or 880 I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts