Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night was bottling time, a fine way to start the holiday season.

These 96 were just tucked away to carbonate this week and should be ready by the Christmas week. Oh Joy to All :)

·
29,948 Posts
Nice stash o' beer!

Good one! Now a little time in the bottle to get happy - and then you can get happy too!

I'll be bottling some winter warmer soon. Good stuff!

·
29,948 Posts
Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, 99 bottles of beer put down to mature today!

Yup, 5 gallons each of Winter Warmer and Baltic Porter, bottled and sitting. A 4 hour effort to get that transferred from secondaries into bottles. A quick taste suggests all is well - a few weeks maturation and they should be good - these are high gravity beers so a month or more maturation might yield even better results.

Still in secondaries - a Pale ale and a session beer called "Innkeeper". Those will be ready for bottling next week. The innkeeper will get bottled, the pale ale is going into a 5 gallon keg :thumbsup:

I tested the barley wine today - boy is that beer fat! The harsh bitter overtones it had from the insane amount of hops is receding as it is supposed to, giving rise to quite malty overtones with a flowery palate - not bad really, and it bursts fire in your belly like a good brandy. I reckon that could use another month of aging, making it a full year in the making.

:thumbsup:

Beer - gotta love it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Beer

I really envy you guys, best beer I ever had was from a buddy's beer making efforts he lived in Vermont and would make enough to last him for six months at a time so he brewed twice a year.
I still remember that first chug off a frosty bottle of his homemade brew. Yummmmm!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts