Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if its possible to bolt a complete 955i engine w/ tranny onto a tt600 frame? my TT decided to blow compression this summer. to bad too, i just bought the thing early 06 and was loving it. ofcourse 4000 miles into it, it just craps out. so its either rebuild for around $3k or toss in a stronger engine :-D

·
Super Moderator
8,713 Posts
You could always look for a TT600 engine on ebay. I have heard people speculate about putting a big triple in that frame, but never about anyone actually doing it. If you pull it off, you will probably be the first.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i like those odds! i have been keeping my eyes open for tt600 engines, but if im going to put another engine in i figured i would try to do a larger, slightly faster triple. and ofcourse i cant seem to get any word from triumph themselves, so i thought i'd check with people who sound like they know what they're doing. in the end i'll prolly just rebuild the current engine and start from scratch!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Have a look at the Sprint Engine too...that would probably work just as well. I see those engines on eBAY all the time. Sounds like a great project.

- John

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help and advice guys, i think i have finally found a home for my triumph interests!

·
Super Moderator
8,713 Posts
Yep, and welcome to our world. Sounds like you were already in our world, you just didn't know it until you walked in! :razz:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts