Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a simple way to make 7/8 Bar End Mirrors fit our 1" Handlebars??

I've bought the M Bars without bar end plugs and now I can't find a decent pair of bar end mirrors to fit.

I found some resonably priced ones on EBAY but they're 7/8 - however they also clamp on, Just like the CRG mirrors.

So without bar end plugs in my M Bars and no bar end weights or anything, what would be the best way to mount these mirrors?

Please and thank you for your advice.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
My Napoleon bar end mirrors came looking like that, and with a 1/8'' thick piece of plastic hose over them that was removeable. I guess that's the way they adapt them for 1'' bars. So find you a piece of 1'' diameter 1/8'' thick rubber/plastic hose and slip it over the expanding section.

Mine have held solid for sev. thousand miles.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Drill and tap the ends to the m-bars to accept the bolt that comes with the CRG mirrors. Easy as pie and works great. You will also have to cut or grind away some of the adapter to fit in the space available at the end of the m-bar. I used a bench grinder for this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks cedarcreek and sweetmachine...

I figured I'd have to buy some 1" bar ends and clip them on them but I like the sound of a hose, nice and easy. Some firmish black rubber would probably do the trick nicely...

Am I likely to have vibration problems without much weight in the ends of the bars though?

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is an adaptor kit for those bar ends with the 1" bars. I know Erico Motorsports in Denver carries them. I think they were 10-20 bucks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
On 2006-11-21 15:55, DrPangloss wrote:
Is there a simple way to make 7/8 Bar End Mirrors fit our 1" Handlebars??

I've bought the M Bars
Hi Doc,

You can buy a few inches of clear vinyl aquarium hose at the pet shop that will take up the slack. Get some that fits fairly tight over the mirror end and is slightly < or = to the ID of the bar.

OS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts