Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a little honda twinstar online for a decent price and was thinking about getting it for my wife (i had a nighthawk of similar vintage, and it was FUUN). in googling 1979 twinstar 187, i found THIS.

online complete part list and you can order right there. daggone organized honda people and their free information online. daggone them!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
While fixing up my CB200 I found the same thing and was shocked- its a nice feature of Honda though.

Want my CB200?

·
Registered
167 Posts
C'mon - admit it. If you had all that support, it wouldn't be as much fun, would it? I'll bet every twinstar made in a specific year is exactly the same. Where's the fun in that?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HA!

and when people come to my house and use the can in the hallway, they would not come out remarking about the oil-smeared manuals and documentation i keep on hand for "light reading" on saturday mornings.

there's a certain charm to this system, sure.

tealetm--

the ad i saw on craigslist had to be a typo. good-looking bike, the guy said it was a strong runner and all it needed was a battery ('course, that's what they all say, but still. he also said it was a 79 AND an 85. but still...) -- $400. $400! sometimes seems like i spend more than that on a dadgum gasket and a couple bolts to hold on the tank badge.

homeboy's s not returning my calls. imagine that.

i'm in love with your CB 200, but i bet you want more than $400!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Johnny, thanks for that link. Among my other projects are a couple of old Yahama minis that a pal and I are working on. We have an old GT80 we are fixing up as a rider for some kids we know, and a 74 YZ80A we are trying to restore. And I am forever looking for some old suzukawahondamaha part. The numbers always help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts