Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Question without other answer than "NO" I guess but I'll give it a shot...

Is the service/maintenance manual for the TIGER 1050 available for download (free or cheaper than just buying it via the dealer) ?

Thanx ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tiger 1050 Service Manual

I am the parts manager at a Triumph dealer. As far as I know, Triumph has not made their service manuals available in any form other than paper in a 3-ring binder. Now, if you find someone who has scanned it in, you're in luck but even us dealers have to buy the hardcopies for the shop!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was giving it a try... you never know; but I guess I will have to invest in the original stuff after my two years waranty ;-) in the meantime I will have to pay for expensive triumph maintenance.

thanx for the reply

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Fantomas,

It's a perplexing question, and don't get me wrong, because I'm not trying to bait you.

If you were in Australia, you would have paid $17k AUD for your 1050 Tiger, if it was new. The thing I find most intriguing, is that people are prepared to pay that much for a bike, and perhaps up to $1,000 AUD extra for stuff like panniers, hand guards and a myriad of other accessories to personalise your bike, yet they aren't willing to cough up less than $200 (1.17% of the original purchase price) for the original Triumph workshop manual, or a measly $60 for the Haynes version, which is almost as good and plenty good enough for what you will need to do on your bike.

A not so humble opinion I know.... :D

Mick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts