Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just acquired a '98 carburetor type Tiger. Unfortunately it came without either service manual or parts list. Can anyone steer me to a good source for these? Also, need to replace a non-functioning fuel selector valve. Read somewhere of a Kawasaki part that is compatible. Anybody have a part number? Is the NAPA oil filter PS4941 shown for use in 885i models also suitable for my carb type? In fact, in general are most parts other than the fuel induction system the same for both 885i and 885 carbureted?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Check on bikebandit.com-they have a great parts listing with exploded diagrams for everything. As far as I know the engines are identical for both carb and FI variants. Service manual may be hard to come by, but a manual for any of the 885 engines will work (Sprint/Trophy, etc) as they're all the same. Maybe Haynes does a manual?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Oldguy - I downloaded a free full official PDF workshop manual for all the early triples by trawling the darker corners of the Internet, and avoiding the scammy, spammy links.

There is also a Haynes manual covering all carb triple models - might need to go for a used one on eBay ?

PDF file is big, but might be email-able. Not sure if we can exchange emails via this forum ?

Regards Rodger

·
Registered
77 Posts
Free Manuals Online

Have discovered that a guy called Warren Ballard on cloudkite.com has uploaded free copies of both service manual & owners manual for T300 models (inc Tiger).

Tried to copy link but it is hugely long - just google "T300 cloudkite ballard" and it comes up.

Same guy has loads of other Triumph manuals uploaded.

Excellent !

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can highly recommend the Haynes manual, they are very detailed with clear pictures and provide you with a maintenance schedule.
For parts there is either e-bay or worldoftriumph.com. The website is a bit expensive but provides explosive views, part numbers (which you can use to find the parts on e-nay) and you can order almost anything directly from the website. The delivery is good and fast.

Good luck and keep us posted on the work that you are performing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts