Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I know I disappeared for a long time... life has been exceptionally busy and I haven’t had a chance to really enjoy my machine and it isn’t for lack of trying.

It’s that time of year and I need to do the oil change and all that... but I can’t find the oil filter for my bike! Revzilla, triumph website, google, forum searches... the owners manual... I can’t find the #!

I saw the TSB where it states to fill the oil up first and the filter goes on last.... odd but I’ll try it anyhow. I don’t have the time to ride 45 mins away to my dealer when it just seems easy enough to do the maintenance myself like I’ve always done it.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated!

TLDR; what is the oil filter for the 2019 speed triple RS? Where can I purchase online?

R/S,
Trav

·
Registered
887 Posts
As per amazon description:

“ This item Triumph Spin on oil filter New # T1218001. K&N Motorcycle Oil Filter: High Performance Black Oil Filter with 17mm nut designed to be used with synthetic or conventional oils fits Honda, Kawasaki, Triumph, Yamaha Motorcycles KN-204-1.”

They’ve used the same filter since at least 20 years on speedies

·
Registered
887 Posts
I’ve used k&n every time and never had an issue. The -01 on the name means it’s the revised model of the 204’s so fat chance on it failing.
K&n’s have a higher oil flow rate and the nut makes it a bliss to install and remove.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Weren't there issues with the new design base-plate causing ill fitting and leaks?
I use the yellow ones and they're superb. Newers I don't used yet.

Purflux LS965 is a good filter with "Z" design inside. It's OEM for some Honda's models.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’ve used k&n every time and never had an issue. The -01 on the name means it’s the revised model of the 204’s so fat chance on it failing.
K&n’s have a higher oil flow rate and the nut makes it a bliss to install and remove.
KN is made by Hiflofiltro, and have a high flow rate because don't filter as it should. Spending a few more bucks you can keep cleaner your engine.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I use a Bosch filter. Same as most beemers and can get at local auto parts store. Fill filter and change oil same time. Never put a dry filter on due to cavitation and oil pump won’t prime very well .make sure the pleats are fully soaked in the filter. Puralators are good and so are wix, good high pressure drain back. Stay away from k&n, poor quality except for the air filters. Get the correct filter socket tool it will make job easier 10 fold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts