Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting around to reassembling my 68 T-120. I am installing the new bearings. My question is about the out put (left) side bearing on the main shaft. I ordered a 57-0448 (Parts book number is T448). The substitute bearing the supplier sent appears to be sealed or shielded. There is a steel plate covering the balls on both sides. The number on the box it came in is 1654 ZZ C3 SR12. The hand writen number on the parts box is 60-3556A. Can I run this bearing as is? Will it get oil properly with the shields in place?
There is also some concern with the roller bearing they sent for the left end of the crank shaft. The original bearing had 12 rollers, the new one only has 8.

·
Registered
348 Posts
if your talking about bearing on oil pump side

then the shields do pop out.

i had one of these before i used a small screwdrive and they should come out pretty easy.

I called the bearing shop where the ones that told me they could come out

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks stewdog. It is actually the bearing the fourth gear sticks through where the sprocket resides but it is the same sitituation I guess. It has a rubber seal installed outboard of the bearing. I thought the shields might be removed but didn't want to screw them up if I was going to have to exchange the bearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts