Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm in need of some springs, and some other bits and pieces. Does anyone have any recommendations for online suppliers? There is one bike shop close by but he's mainly into dirt bikes and insists on charging full retail plus shipping costs....can you believe it I almost crapped my pants when he charged me $26.00 for a K&N oil filter!!! anyways I'm looking for a part supplier that has a decent selection and fair shipping costs even to Canada. Any recommendations are welcome

·
Registered
165 Posts
What about Western powersports?
I have no firsthand experience with them but the RAT pack meets there on a regular basis.That in itself should be a good indication From what I've read one of the guys from the shop goes on rides and attends their meetings.
I'm going to head out to one of their meetings in the near future.
They have a mailing list/Forum on Yahoo and are very active.
There will be a Triumph RAT pack stand at the bike show coming up at Tradex in Abbotsford in the near future.
Mikey

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've found most of the time getting stuff through a candian distributer is cheapest, recently spent $75 on shipping+dutie+taxes fedex from the USA on $35 worth of goods,Westerns pretty good if they can get it, Western works out some what cheaper (from the US),(a little slow at times).I`ve gotten stuff from England really quickly and they uasally just ship regular post .
that been my experience.

Jake

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to order from Western but they said they wouldn't be able to get me the springs I wanted til Feb-Mar, I never checked at Brit/Ital they always just seem to rub me the wrong way, I did some checking around and found www.royaldistributing.com got a set of race tech springs for $125cdn shipping was only $15.00, they even had the Yamaha clutch cable that will work on the ST $17.00. Not too bad considering there's no duty or PST as they are out of Ontario

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey there Suncoast,

Check out Sonic Springs (www.sonicsprings.com). Real easy to deal with, and I think my order was filled in about three weeks. They ship USPS.

Here is part of an email they sent to confirm the order:

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x 900 Sprint 94-02 - 0.95kg/mm Sonic Springs (35S-095) = $79.95
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $79.95
Zone Rates (Shipping to CA : 3 lb(s)): $15.00
Total: $94.95

Cost is in US dollars. Then add about $5 Cdn for Canada Post handling charge, GST, & PST. Simple.

Quite happy with the springs!

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
46 Posts
http://www.bikebandit.com has a nice OEM part lists and prices. I think they are in SoCal. Triumph parts take at least 7 days to my door (Texas) and they are cheaper than my local dealer.

I've used Race-Tech springs in dirt bikes. I plan to put them in the Triumph soon. They claim the spring coating does not flake like oem springs. The flakes can cause seals to leak. I had a set in a KDX200 which I rode often for 5 years without one blown fork seal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts