Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
On my t110 pre unit i have a 9 stud bonnie head that has 4 plugs. My question is will it be alright to run direct from the magneto using a 1 into two ht lead?
I have heard someone runs a mag to 2 coils then to the plugs?

Also running 10.5-1 comp pistons what plug grade would be suitable?

Any help would be great. cheers David :)

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Waste of time running one lead to 2 plugs.The plug that fires at the least voltage will fire;the other plug won't.With only one magneto,you're best to just use the standard plug position.

You need two magnetos or 4 coils with points to do this,if you want to fire 2 plugs in one cylinder at the same time.
You could use 2 dual-lead coils with E.I. (you need 2 E.I.systems).Only one lead from each coil would go to each cylinder.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will stick to using one set of plugs then :) as i dont really want to use ei.
With high comp pistons will the centre plugs be a better option than the std side ones so i get a more even burn.
Cheers David

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
If they were normal sized plugs,I'd say use Champion N3 or NGK B8ES.It's not about how powerful the engine is,but how much power you actually use when you ride.
Your centre plugs are probably 10mm thread,so I don't have an equivalent heat range for that size.

The centre plug should give better results,probably using less ignition advance.2-plug heads with plugs opposite are using about 28-32 degrees advance.Try about 35 degrees and see how it works.

You'll still need good high-octane fuel to avoid detonation.Make sure you radius any sharp corners on the piston crowns and around the valve pockets.Use a 1/8" radius where possible.I wouldn't try to run 10.5:1 these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts