Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it's a good idea (in theory), anyone use it and can share their experience? By the way, not sure if it's even available for the Speed Triple, may be can use the car ones if they are the same size.

·
Super Moderator
8,890 Posts
ive gone 2 better. ive a tap for the drain plug and a cleanable oilfilter.
Good luck with that 2d "cleanable " filter.
Ill stick to 3D ultra filtration rather than wire mesh .

You can get a rare earth magnet and stick it to the side of your filter as well . collect the junk there rather than in the sump

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I use neodymium magnets around the oil filter instead.
That should work fine. Dimple sells them also, called "Black Holes".
On the plugs, which can run at higher temps, all Neodymium magnets are not created equal in strength or temp tolerance.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
One of the things that is not recognized about metal in the oil is that even the very fine particles that normally pass thru the filter (less than 25 micron) are still sharp.
They wear away the filter material and eventually allow larger particles to pass thru. That in itself is a very good reason to use a magnet in the oil. It protects the filter.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
:) I made my own by Aralditing a rare earth magnet to my drain plug. A very small amount of fine paste is all it seems to collect, which I take as a good omen!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts