Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ready to place an order for a Scrambler Gel Seat from www.madss.com this weekend, but I thought I would find out first if it was in stock. I sent an email and didn't get a response so I called this morning. After about 10 rings a recording says "You've reached a number that has changed or been disconnected." I've called multiple times throughout the day and I get the same recording.

I understand that this website is associated with Shore Power and Sport in Freehold, New Jersey, so i called that number and the phone just rings and rings.

Has anyone talked to MADSS recently or received an order?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Ditto, right before Thanksgiving. Placed an order, and then after an hour or so, decided I wanted to add to it. Called their numbers, got nothing. I went ahead and canceled the order entirely and re-ordered. Got an e-mail the next day about the order I canceled, then got another one later about the new order.

Everything went just fine in the long run, but the lack of an answer when rung up was weird.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Freehold Honda Triumph
Freehold, NJ 07728
Phone: 732-462-4881
Thanks. That's the same number (and address) as Shore Power and Sport and no one picked up, no answering machine, etc.

I'll try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're closed on Mondays... as are most motorcycle dealers.
DOH! My bad. :brick:

My local dealer is open 7 days a week. I'm spoiled.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The toll free number for MADSS still has a "this number has been disconnected" recording. I called Freehold Honda Triumph at 732-462-4881 and the receptionist said they've had many customers call about this, but they haven't been able to resolve the issue. So, in the meantime call Freehold direct and they'll transfer you to the order desk.

As most know, they have great discount prices and no shipping charges if over $40.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Send an email -

Hobbitfan,

I recently sent an email to them regarding a black seat cowl for my Bonnie, but no longer sawm offered on their accessories page. Someone emailed me back within 48 hours to let me know they still had it in stock. When I inquired if I should purchase immediately due to limited numbers or wait till spring when I can ride again, they courteously answered that they wouldn't sell out and I should wait till spring if I didn't have the cash now.
This told me two things:
1) email might be more effective than phone calls
2) if they had been closing, or planned on shutting down, he would have had me buy that thing immediately, but did not.

Try email -
[email protected] (this is the email address I used and got a relatively prompt response from)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Madss/ Fht

Freehold Triumph is my home dealer, and they are great. Their MADSS site is an excellent resource for well priced accessories. It's a side biz, so you may have to be patient/ persistent, but worth it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I've bought a Thrux gel seat and seat cowl, a Triumph college jacket, and shirts from them over the last 18 months at substantial savings, with no shipping/handling costs or state tax. Everything arrived quickly and in excellent shape. Not sure how these folks undercut just about everbody else in price and shipping, but I'll order again from MADSS.

I also use my AMA VISA card and save an additional 3% on each order. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Scott at madss is awesome. Over the last years I've spent over a couple of grand on parts for my Triumphs and other bikes I own.
They have me on their on-line order form and it takes me minutes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
we're open

We are open.
As stated in another post emailing is by far the best way to get in touch with me. I am the guy that answers the phone and ships the orders so I sometimes miss the ringing phone.

Couple that with the phone line problems we've had and I understand your concern.

Just send me an email and I happily will respond.

Thank you for your continued business.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are open.
As stated in another post emailing is by far the best way to get in touch with me. I am the guy that answers the phone and ships the orders so I sometimes miss the ringing phone.

Couple that with the phone line problems we've had and I understand your concern.

Just send me an email and I happily will respond.

Thank you for your continued business.
Thanks. I got through on the direct line and ordered a Scrambler gel seat. It was a great price and shipping was very prompt (and free!). I'm very happy with the service.

·
Registered
372 Posts
hi all. just to chime in on what others have said, madss is great! there prices are awesome and service is second to none! awhile back i ordered a thruxton gel seat and cowl. the gel seat was on backorder so they sent the cowl to me and let me know it would be awhile on the gel seat. to my surprise it arrived about 2 weeks later! needless to say, that would be very fast for parts coming from england that have been backordered. -keith

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks. I got through on the direct line and ordered a Scrambler gel seat. It was a great price and shipping was very prompt (and free!). I'm very happy with the service.

Hey HobbitFan,

I'd be interested in what you think of the gel seat once you've had a chance to put a few miles on it.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
MADSS has always been awesome for me, I got my wife the 50th anniversary zip up with the chain stitching just in time for the holiday! +1 reccommended

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I've ordered a couple of items through MADSS. It takes forever to get....but you can't beat their prices. I "think" they sometimes have to order stuff from Triumph, then send it to you...hence the time frame.

Back in the day, it used to be free shipping on Fridays.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts