Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I admit it. I wanted a new Triumph white Tiger. Was going to save my shekels and buy it next year. But, I have a friend who scared himself something fierce while riding his FJR. So he offered it to me for $7K. Includes hard side and top luggage (Sorry, the photo is stock and not the real bike. I haven't picked it up yet.) 1300 miles on it. No scrapes or scratches. Kept in a heated garage. I couldn't resist. The deal was too good. Forgive me.

·
Registered
Speed Triple, 2006
251 Posts
Pretty bike - attractive price. What's to forgive?
Best of luck with your new toy, and safe riding!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice bike (even moreso for the price) & could probably fit a small car in either bag. Have fun putting miles on it.

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
Whats to apologise for....they are a great tourer, with near sportsbike handling. Congratulations on a good pickup

·
Registered
187 Posts
only forgive you if you use the bike for its purpose and visit each S3 member and buy us a beer! :-g

post some pics when you get it! :cool:

·
Registered
979 Posts
On 2007-01-29 22:30, MotoRaider wrote:
only forgive you if you use the bike for its purpose and visit each S3 member and buy us a beer! :-g

post some pics when you get it! :cool:
And a fn bourbon too,pardon my manners nice bike too. :-D :hammer:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I have a friend who is the service manager at a Yamaha dealer-he sez people who ride those FJR bikes are really WEIRD. So, if you only thought you were weird now you know you really are!

Good luck-it is a beauty! But it is not aTriumph.

[ This message was edited by: HiVel on 2007-01-29 23:17 ]

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I have been considering a sport-tourer to add to the tribe. The FJR is on the list. It would be real enlightening to me to hear the riding experience you have on it, you being a Speedy rider as well. I would appreciate anything you have to say on the matter over time. :upthumb:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Hey, sometimes you can't pass up a deal. You can always use it as trade bait for a Tiger (or... hmm... ZX14 Concours) later.

A coworker here has one, in blue like the picture. It's a big bike, sorta like a pointy Goldwing. Next thing you know, you'll have mounts for a GPS system, video camera, cupholder...

Let the mods begin!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
OR- Wouldn't you really rather have a BUICK?

·
Banned
798 Posts
What happened to your friend that scared him outa several thousand dollars????

I mean, he could have just parked it and taken his time and sold it for more than that??!!

That's a great deal for you, no apologies, any of us would have jumped on that.

Seriously, what happened to him?

kjazz

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think it will complement your other bikes well. Now when you want to take a long trip of carry some stuff you will have room in your hard bags. Have fun with your new ride.

[ This message was edited by: TRISPEED on 2007-01-30 11:45 ]

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He's a pharmacist with his own business. Works all the time. He's 11 years older than his wife and has 4 kids under 6. He loves his Honda Silver Wing scooter - his first bike. Thought the Yami would be a nice 2nd bike for 2-up. His wife hated it. He was intimidated by it.

2 weeks ago, he was riding the FJR in traffic and had to goose the throttle to avoid getting hit. The bike lifted its front wheel about a foot and he got sideways. He almost biffed trying to keep the bike upright. When he stopped, he swore the bike off forever. Rode it home, shut it off, and called me.

The things paid for and he knows how and what I ride. His wife's happy, he's happy, and I'm happy. I offered to pay him the KBB price, but he said "No, I want it gone." A vote for: buy small when you start riding. Kind of sad really.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
You mean somethin' like this?

I can see how that might put him off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts