Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I got it all hooked up. lights work and everything.
but I forgot at one point I unplugged the barometric sensor thing on the rear tail.
I then made the super newbie mistake of riding it around town a couple of times unconnected.

Engine light came on I retraced my steps and plugged it back in.

So I have a couple of qustions.

First, did I do any damage? and how can I get the engine light off?

and secondly does the barometric sensor have to be on the tail? or can i put in in the underseat box?

Thanks -Andrew

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
You did no damage

The CEL light will re-set after three heat cycles (rides from cold)

It needs to be in free air with the "nozzle" unobstructed and pointing down so it doesn't collect water or junk. The under seat box is not sealed so I have mine zip tied behind the battery but you do want it in the tail of the bike. There is another one mounted just behind the air box and they recommend some distance between the two so that they can detect any differential.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I know on cars that the 'check engine' light can be reset by disconnecting and re-connecting the battery. If a situation is corrected it will usually reset anyway after a few cycles as said above. After re-connecting the battery always let the bike idle for a few minutes so the Ecu can optimize. - Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.