Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bet none of you guys have seen the new m4 stubby exhaust pipe for the new s3's...

i saw it earlier today at RPM cycle in dallas, texas. holy schit, this thing is HOT! i am buying one for sure. Keith, the owner, said he will have some by the end of next week. $325 for carbon fibre, $425 for titanium! as far as i know, RPM cycle is the only shop right now that can get these pipes. RPM actually gave m4 a speed triple to design this pipe for. they had a new 06 s3 on the showroom floor with the pipe installed. i was freakin out and askin how much it costs. i nearly lost it when he told me $325! he said they should have some in by the end of next week.

i will try and stop by the shop sometime this week with my camera to take some pictures for you guys. seriously, this pipe looks sick and it's WAY cheaper than the full arrow exhaust system. Keith also said it shaves off about 15 lbs compared to the stock system.

:-D :-D :-D

******** edit *********

the pipe has been installed and pictures can be found here

video links here:

tekmoe's general overview

m4 pipe at idle (first time i started the bike for the day so i did not rev it very much. in fact, you can hear it almost choke because i fed it too much gas on the initial throttle blip...OOPS!)

m4 pipe in ACTION!

fast

[ This message was edited by: tekmoe on 2006-11-25 23:43 ]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, no pictures on m4 website. this pipe is literally fresh out of the oven. i believe they are currently producing them right now for people who have preordered. i had to go over my financial stuff today to make sure i can afford one. got the green light and i will be preordering on monday!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a slip-on stubby single pipe that sits on the right side just like the new arrow, zard, shark, etc. it is only the pipe and not the full exhaust system which is why it only costs $325. believe me, it looks freaking hot. wish i coulda taken a picture if i had my camera. i will get pictures very soon because i am going back to order one tomorrow. :cool:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Como esto?;

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
o esto;

·
Registered
89 Posts
what is the plugged in device at the end of the header pipe--oxygen sensor? will the bike run well without it, or does this new slip on have a port? can't wait for the pics

·
Registered
283 Posts
If it angles up like the Zard and isn't as short as the one on the Gixxer in the photos, then it wont be bad, plus if you could get that massive M4 logo off too.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry dudes, i said i'd get pictures but i have nothing...YET. i got stuck in a conference meeting all day and never did get to sneak out to go order my pipe.

i'll get by there tomorrow, sure thing! l8rz

·
Registered
278 Posts
i had a carbon m4 on my sv650... looked really good, sounded great too.
i may want this one for the speedy. i might be glad i waited. :-D

1 - 20 of 119 Posts