Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird title I know but I have a Motogadget M-unit and a Motogadget motoscope mini speedo on my Bonnie tracker it all works great but I have one issue, when I stop the engine the speedo display goes black, I have no idiot lights and my m-unit is hidden so I can't see the lights on that (not easily) so I could walk away from the bike with the ignition left on. Does anybody know of anything in the setup or any other way that I can get the speedo display to stay lit once the engine is stopped? Thanks, Simon.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I can't think of a way that the m-Unit could provide power to your motoscope after you kill the engine. The AUX OUT suplies power for your igniter as well as the motoscope; in order to kill the engine power *has* to be cut from the igniter and therefore also the motoscope. Powering the the motoscope off e.g. the LIGHT circuit isn't advisable, and anyway you'd loose power to the motoscope during startup because of the m-Unit's headlight cut-out circuit.

The good news is you shouldn't easily forget to leave the ignition on - the headlight *should* stay on when you kill the ignition...

Tim

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim, I thought this might be the case. Yep headlight should give me a clue about m-unit/ignition still on, just hope I look ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts