Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about filling entire hollow bar with silicone sealant. Seems to me it would dampen the bar very well, harden and not leak out and be very easy.

Sand is bad because if it leaks, it would damage the throttle and the mechanicals.

Water won't work either.

Is this a great idea or the worst idea you have ever heard?

Any other suggestions? BTW, my Manic Salamander weights w/ throttle lock works pretty well, but there are still a few vibes that get thru.

Thanks!:)

·
Vendor
2,335 Posts
Go to a fishing tackle shop and find a couple of big round weights slightly bigger than the ID of your bars. Wittle them down with a knife so they are a tight fit, weigh them to make sure they are the same and tap them in. It works well, I don't have vibes in my bars at any revs.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I recall noticing a bit more vibration when I fit the M bar than I felt with the stock bar - because I felt NO vibration with the stocker.
So, could there be another problem with yours, such as balanced carburetors or front wheel? I came off Meriden Triumphs - nasty vibrators they were comparatively speaking - so the slight bar buzz with M's on the new machines seems not much a concern. Is it really that troublesome to you? Could it be you are used to other rock-steady bars, like on a Jap bike or BMW?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
My solution was to swap the M-bars for LSL sports bars with huge Salamander bar end weights. Problem solved, and more comfy.
;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts