Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Planning on purchasing the M bars imminently, does anyone rate the black ones? They look good but not sure they would match my stock bonnie.

Also, you can buy them both without end plugs. If I am running stock bars and have the plugs from those, is it simply case of swapping them from the stock bars to the M bars?

Cheers
Josh

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I've got black M-bars, love em. Unscrew the end caps from the stockers, they'll screw right into the endplugs on the Ms. Enjoy; going from stock bars to Ms, it's like you're riding a whole nother bike.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
As I've noted on these forums before, black is faster! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
The black ones will probably stay looking better longer too. The chrome on my ace bars is very thin, they have copper showing already.

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Also, you can buy them both without end plugs. If I am running stock bars and have the plugs from those, is it simply case of swapping them from the stock bars to the M bars?

Cheers
Josh
If you mean the internal M5 threaded plugs, they're welded in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The stock bars have plugs at the end that look like they screw in- I just assumed that you could remove them and screw them into the M bars.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Just a warning, if you get the black m-bars they're a matte/satin black. I didn't like how they looked with my gloss black bonnie so I had em powder coated. If I had any other color of bike they would've been fine because the stock headlight ears, controls etc aren't gloss. Anyways, now you know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts