Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone tell me the best dealer in the Southeast to buy a Speed Triple from. Lowest price is always the main objective. I would be willing to pay more if the dealer service is exceptional.
My dealer in Greenville ,SC will not deal at all.

I really like my 08 Tiger but, the Speed Triple looks like alot more fun. For those of you that have owned the Tiger and Speed Triple how much difference is there in the leg room and arm reach ? I know the Tiger will be more comfortable but, how much more.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
How much more? Depends on too many factors to answer that question.
Go sit on one, and decide for yourself. Speed Triple will be more sporting, and it took me part of a season to get use to mine. It feels perfect now and I wouldn't wan't anything else.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought my S3 from Cape Fear BMW/Backroads Triumph. Two dealerships, two locations (Wilmington and Jacksonville, NC) one owner. Bought my new, 0 miles '07 in January '08 for $9500 OTD with $1000 in Triumph gear incentive. Super guys. Talk to Eddie or Rick. Service is excellent.

http://www.capefearbmw.com

·
Registered
124 Posts
Motorcycles of Charlotte

I’ve bought four bikes from Motorcycles of Charlotte (www.bmw-ducati.com). I like those guys. They have always been fair and respectable to me and the service department is good. The few niggles I’ve had with a bike they sort out. They seem to care about their reputation.

-Chris

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
My buddy had his BMW serviced at Motorcycles of Charlotte, and said he felt like he was clubbed over the head like a baby harp seal...although that might be the case with BMW's everywhere.
Sales staff seemed nice enough when I was there, although very 'salesmanlike'
That said, if the BMW Xmoto on their site was a Xcountry, I would be driving down there right now to pick it up...
They were very generous about demo rides, at least on the Beemers. To me being able to test ride is worth a few bucks if the deal is in the ballpark.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies . I'll check out the 2 dealers mentioned.
has anyone had any dealing with Meyers in Ashville. Its the next closets dealing to me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Additionally, I have heard good things about Ridge Motorsports in Batesburg, on your side of Columbia. You can find them through the Triumph website dealer locator. I have bought stuff online from them, but no personal face-to-face experience. The guy I bought my Thruxton from lives in Greenville and said the local Triumph dealership there is a joke, they'd rather sell you a four-wheeler. Check out the dealers threads in the general forums.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for the replies . I'll check out the 2 dealers mentioned.
has anyone had any dealing with Meyers in Ashville. Its the next closets dealing to me.
I've never been there but a good friend bought his Duc there. He said they were fair and had no negative things to say about them.

-Chris

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the replies. Lots of good places to try. yeah Powersports of Greenville is a joke when your searching for price. But I have to say everyone is pleasant to talk to. In this economy or any economy i don't think you should pay retail plus shipping, handling, dealer prep, ect. Adds up to over a 1000.00 on top of list . BBBBBBBBSSSSSS
So I look else where.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
After buying one bike from a dealer that was the cheapest and another that was competitive. I would totally go for the one that is competitive. I hate the dealer that I bought from. They are all about sales but no relationships.

The other dealer where I bought my last bike (SV1000) still greets me with the same kindness even though they know I sold my bike and only come for fluids, etc. They are about relationships.

I say go for the dealer with the best reputation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After buying one bike from a dealer that was the cheapest and another that was competitive. I would totally go for the one that is competitive. I hate the dealer that I bought from. They are all about sales but no relationships.

The other dealer where I bought my last bike (SV1000) still greets me with the same kindness even though they know I sold my bike and only come for fluids, etc. They are about relationships.

I say go for the dealer with the best reputation.
Yep thats what I'm looking for. I'll pay more for a bike if the dealer is good, but not list and all the other B.S charges. I don't care how good they are. I'll try Meyers in Ashville next.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ridge

Try Ridge motorsports in Batesburg-Leesville SC(1-800-532-0881). I got a deal on my 08 S3 in June from them and excellent service ever since. They have some in stock that I know he will deal on. Call them and ask for Jeff and tell him John Cole from Charleston sent you. They have a small dealership with personal service that is secound to none.:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try Ridge motorsports in Batesburg-Leesville SC(1-800-532-0881). I got a deal on my 08 S3 in June from them and excellent service ever since. They have some in stock that I know he will deal on. Call them and ask for Jeff and tell him John Cole from Charleston sent you. They have a small dealership with personal service that is secound to none.:cool:
Thanks Booster, I'll give them a call for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
I owned an 07 Triple (RIP) and now an 08 Tiger. I find the Tiger seat probably the most comfortable oEM seat I've ever owned. The S3 seat, well a bit painful on long rides (ie. 500km plus). Performance is very similar, ergos ver similar.

H4 lights on the S3 are better - well having 2 of them is the better bit :)

Suspension, well it may be my lack of knowledge but I found the S3 harsh when setup for more spirited riding than the Tiger, couple that with the seat - ugh.

Would I buy a Spreed again, possibly, but at the moment, I'm loving the Tiger (17,500km worth in 8months :D).

Russ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts