Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Corbin Beetles are gonna have to wait $$$$.

What are some good 'part time' saddle bags and additional luggage for my R3 Classic. Bags that you can throw on the back when you need 'em and take off when you don't. Bags that are void of any hardware, install etc...

·
Registered
623 Posts
On 2007-03-04 10:37, 1ststater wrote:
What are some good 'part time' saddle bags and additional luggage for my R3 Classic. Bags that you can throw on the back when you need 'em and take off when you don't. Bags that are void of any hardware, install etc...
Rocket's stock hardware is far from ideal for strapping down throw-over saddlebags, otherwise I'd recommend Willie&Max which look good and are priced right. You also make it pretty clear you don't want to add any such hardware. In that case I'd look at a T-bag or something similar that goes on the pillion (assuming it's not going to be occupied by a passenger) instead of saddlebags. You don't want bags flopping around in the wind and throwovers will if they're not properly stablized by either support brackets or something that straps them tight to other parts of the bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have hepco becker leather bags with easy brackets. The easy brackets are pimping. Unlock them with the key and bags slip right off with brackets atached to bags. No ugly ***** left on bike. Easy brackets has web site, cost about 150$ but worth it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I took an untraditional route with my touring bags. Bought a set from Cortech. They're made of Denier nylon. Bought the Sport Saddle bags and the Sport Tail Bag.

They can be used together or separately. They attach to the bike with four shock chords that are built in. the surfaces that go next to the bike's surfaces are protected by rubber pads.

Since I like the looks of my R III without the bags when I don't really need them, the ease of attaching and taking off the pieces is great.

The capacity of this set is enough for a weekends worth of take-a-long goodies.

Was really thinking about the Corbins, but that $1500.00 price tag kept me away. Too bad for them. So, I spent a total of $170.00 for the Saddle Bags and Tail Bag.

Cheers !!!
:-g

[ This message was edited by: Apollo_18 on 2007-05-27 23:28 ]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone have an idea for a simple yet dedicated tool bag that will fit somewhere on a classic? The sissy bar is out because of other commitments

Thanks

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Easy brackets are good because the mounting bolts simply replace the stock bolts on the rear fender. You do have to choose a set of bags to mount the Easy brackets onto. I went this route with the stock Triumph leather bags but they were stolen from my garage.

I then got K-Drive bags. The small mounting brackets use the same holes as the bolts on the rear fender. The bags are rigid, large and easily snap on and off.

http://www.classiccruiser.com/K-Drive/Click-&-Lock-Saddlebag-System/578680/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts