Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been thinking of different luggage systems. The oem boxes, Touratech, Givi and Sw-motech. The oem system was to much plastic, fear a drop would do damage to them.
The Touratech system was tempting, but no plans for a Africa tour and they are at the high price level. I got a great discount on a set of Sw-motech with Trax cases and went for them. I like that the rack can be unmounted in seconds, and the warranty was of the best. The issue with leak is fixed on newer models, and they come with innerbags locks and a paint fix kit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Where did you get the deal, or was it a one-off kinda thing?

This set up is probably what I will buy because of the versatility of the mounting system to change boxes at a later date.

Hope you are happy with them?
They look great.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you get the deal, or was it a one-off kinda thing?

This set up is probably what I will buy because of the versatility of the mounting system to change boxes at a later date.

Hope you are happy with them?
They look great.
Agree, and I have the quick mount in mind for the sporty riding:) the deal is probably not special in the US. But up here in Norway the volume is low, and the handling and shipping from Germany cost about 25% more for us. I will have them next week and hope to take some pictures of mounting and use on the bike before the snow hits us. It was zero celsius this morning :-(

·
Registered
90 Posts
... the deal is probably not special in the US. But up here in Norway the volume is low, and the handling and shipping from Germany cost about 25% more for us.
I have seen some people in Australia and New Zealand buy things from the US and have them shipped home due to the favorable dollar and availability of parts in the US, so I wondered if you'd done the same.

However, having moved from the UK, I think availability is better in the EU now, and you know how those Germans love touring!!! :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Henry,

I had the TRAX system on my 1050 Tigger, the only thing that I did not like was the width, they stick out a lot further than the handle bars. But the quality is there to match Tourtech and as you say the versatility of the rack system is the best on the market. I bought the OEM panniers, so I am with you there, i think that they are rubbish for serious touring, so I am saving for these Holan as I think we discussed on a earlier thread.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Henry,

I had the TRAX system on my 1050 Tigger, the only thing that I did not like was the width, they stick out a lot further than the handle bars. But the quality is there to match Tourtech and as you say the versatility of the rack system is the best on the market. I bought the OEM panniers, so I am with you there, i think that they are rubbish for serious touring, so I am saving for these Holan as I think we discussed on a earlier thread.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, nice to get info from a rider that have used both.
Under is a link I came over at the twistedthr.. that shaft protector catch my eye.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Henry,

The pictures of the Trax luggage on the TEx are the 38l models, I had the 48L on my Tigger, there is a huge difference in width. For some it's not an issue, but I found that I wouldn't filter in traffic because I knew I could get the front through but not necessarily the rear. Hope it helps

Andrew

·
Registered
79 Posts
PS. I'm not sure what the swing arm protector would do if used in anger, pick what you are going to hit I guess.

Have you seen the Palmer products for "Manning- up" the TEx???

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It could be a good protection for gravel ?...

Anyway got the Trax and sw-motec quick mount rack. Here is some pictures

The rack on.

Back mount

Left side

Cases came with a bag to store and carry.

Mounted

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. You have helped me make up my mind. This is the set for me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It could be a good protection for gravel ?...

Anyway got the Trax and sw-motec quick mount rack. Here is some pictures

The rack on.

Back mount

Left side

Cases came with a bag to store and carry.

Mounted

Henry,

They do look the part, what size are those panniers? could you take a photo of your set up looking straight on. I'd appreciate it.

Regards

Andrew

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Henry,

They do look the part, what size are those panniers? could you take a photo of your set up looking straight on. I'd appreciate it.

Regards

Andrew
Hi Andrew the size is 37 litre. I do not have a photo of the rear, and now the bike is on its winter storage :-(

But here is one from the side

1 - 12 of 12 Posts