Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using for luggage on the T-Birds. Bags, tank bags, tail bags. sissybar bags? Trying to get some ideas

·
Registered
53 Posts
What is everyone using for luggage on the T-Birds. Bags, tank bags, tail bags. sissybar bags? Trying to get some ideas
For me this is a good question as I spent most of my budget keeping my wife happy with the dual longhaul seat, sissy bar and pad. Nothing left in the budget to buy genuine triumph bags.

So what do people use for touring other than genuine triumph bags?

Cheers

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I'm not about to pay 4-500 bucks for the triumph sissy bar/bag, so i've been looking at alternatives that i can adapt to fit. This ebay seller has these bars in 11.5" and 12.3" i think it is. thats the width from left to right side rail. i think the 11.5' may work and just have to drill a couple new holes or maybe even use one of the slots in the sides to bolt thru. Also not sure if the side rails are tapered, IR: less width towards the back than the front as it appears in the pic. Might just be illusion. I will email him about all this and see what he says. But till i actually have one in hand i cannot forsee any gotcha's, and they well may be. But so far it's the only alternative i can find that looks like it may fit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FLAME-BACKREST-SISSY-BAR-HONDA-VTX-1800-1300-N-R-S-/140592873888?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20bbfd01a0

·
Registered
779 Posts
For me this is a good question as I spent most of my budget keeping my wife happy with the dual longhaul seat, sissy bar and pad. Nothing left in the budget to buy genuine triumph bags.

So what do people use for touring other than genuine triumph bags?

Cheers
I have these http://www.tsukayu.com/Strong.htm and the OEM sissy bar/luggage rack. As this is my 2 up bike, so being able to carry stuff is a neccessary.

Just got back from a 10 day road trip, carried everything I needed and some extras.

Daz - I think fast eddy has some of those bars you are looking at, specifically for the t-bird.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I already have something that does the same thing....the side rail ! used it all the time on my speedmaster. Thats not what i need however.
the side rail! that is how I managed to run my backpack and the laptop inside it thru the rear wheel of the t-bird (few weeks after I got the bird). Hooking bungees under the t-bird rear fender is not the same as the speedmaster, the t-bird goes straight back, speedmaster curves down. So even tight bungees slide right off the bird.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Theres a way i'm sure, (i can think of at least one offhand) but no matter because i found a bar that will work for $62 shipped. It will require a bit of tweaking/modding but i'm sure i can make it work. And i will add some bars at the mount/bar bolt on point that will act as a rack. It may look funky, but for 60 bucks i couldn't care less. It's just for camping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just purchased a sissy bar from highway Hawk for $170.00 that came with the back pad. I also bought a luggage rack for $90.00. The install wasn't as easy as I would have liked but once on they both worked great and were a few hundred cheaper than going with the Triumph.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Saddlemen Sissy Bar Luggage

Just purchased the Saddlemen S3500 sissy bar luggage pack with roll bag for 147.00 at Dennis Kirk, normal retail is 209.00. It's one nice set of bags. Well built and good looking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts