Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Guys,
I'm getting a new Tiger and am thinking about the panniers.. They are the same as the late model Sprint, so here's the question:
What can you fit in them??? They seem to be a decent size, but REALLY strangely shaped!! Any packing tips?? How much can you really fit in them?? I'm leaning towards some Roadgear tailpack models but would prefer hard luggage..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Plenty if you use compression bags, available from good camping gear retailers. If my pans hadn't been free, I would have gone with a Givi Solution. If I didn't have an ST13 parked next to it to take on real touring needs, I would have sold the Triumph bags and replaced them with a Givi solution... the stock pans leave a good bit to be desired IMO.

[ This message was edited by: GRN on 2007-03-03 12:15 ]

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
We can pack enough stuff for a 4 day trip. To include a top box and tank bag.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I packed insane amounts of stuff for my trip, but I also used a Top Box. For my trip, I trial packed a few times to balance the load and was amazed to find that I was able to get everything I had on my list packed away. I was fully prepared to start wittling the list down so it would fit on the bike.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just can't bring myself to put a top box on this bike... I only ride this one up so I use an Ortleib waterproof duffel across the pillion seat, it keeps the weight lower and closer in to the load triangle... no air turbulence at pee yourself speeds, better overall handling (or less diminishing), and a whole bunch of coin left to blow on other "needs" :-D

·
Registered
59 Posts
It has really helped me to get the pannier inner-bags. It allows you to pack them off of your bike and know that you will be able to get whatever you pack in the bags in your panniers. However, they're not cheap.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm, kinda what I figured, $900+ for oddly shaped limited space... I thnk I may look at some Roadgear soft stuff until some better aftermarket stuff comes out...
Thanx for the tips guys!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dave, check out the Ortleib saddle bags and duffel options that Aerostitch has, water proof, bomber construction, and available in nice high viz yellow if that's your cup of tea... it sure is mine! :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts