Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do a trip of about 1000 miles on my T100 in the next week or so and would like to make up a roll to carry a small amount of clothing etc that I can tie or strap across the hump on the rear of the seat.
http://www.triumphrat.net/britishmo...ke-of-the-month-competition-april-2011-a.html
I will have fabric saddle bags fitted to the brackets, however could tie the roll to the brackets, I also have a tank bag.
Any thoughts?:)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Once upon a time about 4 yrs ago before I found my Cortech Sport Luggage. I used a small plain old duffel bag and put everything in plastic bags. I was able to pack everything I needed for a week and over 3K miles. And yes we did hit rain. Mostly the stuff stayed dry, just wrap it good.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Find whatever bag you can strap down and use large zip locks to sort your packings and put the whole lot of them into a very thick trash bag (3 mils) and then into your canvas or whatever bag that you are strapping down to the seat, rear grab rail and/or passenger footpeg area. Have a good time, stay dry...

·
Registered
425 Posts
When I head out for Sturgis, I use a canvas bag, drawstring on one side. I pack anything I don't want wet in garbage bags. (although I also spray the canvas with some H2O proof stuff) I have a bigger bike, so use a huge pack that I can fit my tenting stuff in. But you could also use a smaller one if you don't need the room. I bought mine for about $20 at a Gander Mountain. Works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts