Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Said hi in the other threads, but hi again since this is my first post. So I picked up a left over 15 Scrambler and the local dealer is no longer a dealer and can't help me with accessories. I went to another dealer to ask about luggage and they said system says all the scrambler luggage has been discontinued and the new stuff does not fit. That's a kick in the pants. I find it hard to believe that there are not triumph bags or a left side bag for a 2015 bike!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
There are a lot of aftermarket options if you are willing to buy non-OEM bags and rails. If you want rails that are practically bullet-proof, I use the Happy Trails SU rack for my Bonneville. It has been in a major off with out any issues. You can even lift the entire bike by the rail if needed.

I have a set of Scam SU racks I was saving for a future project. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I had a look at the Givi website and they show a rack for Triumph 865's. You might consider them: I used Givi bags for years and they were great.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Left side waxed cotton should fit fine. Just put one on my Bonnie no issues. Just make sure they order the aircooled one, the hardware is different for the new ones. Also you may want to look into the SW Motech Legend luggage. I'm thinking about grabbing that for the right side.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You might also consider Ortlieb motorcycle single saddlebag. I use one with the Triumph saddlebag support on the left side of my 09 Scram. It is a soft bag but waterproof, it has a dry bag closure system and good volume with a small interior pocket. Use a pair of them too on my KLR 650 as well as bicycle versions on my road, mountain, and touring bicycles.

Foxy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got wallet shy and bought a NewBonneville left rack and this Baxter pack in black. $100 for the pair and it will do what I need until I go big.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This has been a bugbear of mine for a while. For me there a several problems.
First the standard rack really sticks out by like a mile more than is needed & you don't seem to be able to get others that fit unless you include a sissy bar.
Second most of the bags out there are just that little bit to small. I need to carry my laptop, gym kit & a lunch box to work. It all fits just about in one of the classic Targus bags but the panniers are all just that little bit too small. The best I've found so far is a 58 patter large backpack from the British standard webbing. Problem with that is the complete lack of waterproofing. You can get ones that work but the cost seems to be very high.

·
Registered
Bonneville Black 2011 customised 904cc, 11:1, 813c cams, 44mm Street Triple TBs , TEC 2 into 1
644 Posts
I have tge T100 Bonnie and modified a Ventura rack to fit Kappa hard panniers as I required enough luggage space for two to tour. It only takes 10 mins to remove to have that naked look maybe one side 21 litre Kappa or Givi pannier and a rack, that will be water proof and functional, just won't give you that wax cotton look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts