Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for either used Triumph luggage and mounting hardware for my 2002 Sprint St or new aftermarket luggage with hardware. Givi only list to 2001 on there site so I am wondering if anybody has tried different configurations of bags and hardware that have worked or not. Would appreciate any help offered. Never dreamed it would be this difficult to find luggage.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
If you do a search over the last week or so, from memory I think there are about two or even three luggage related threads - Triumph and aftermarket...:)

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Givi is a bit of an odd duck and doesn't always show everything. Check twistedthrottle.com for other options or www.givi.ca. They have a great cdn website for some reason.

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
You'll need to take in to account the hardware too. The bags are just half of the deal with the OEM stuff :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The swmotech racks are kinda pricey but they work well. Here's a pic of my RS with the Givi bags and motech hardware.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Not to hijack this thread but anybody ever use soft bags? I don't want to get hard bags for various reasons but I plan on a few trips on my bike this spring and summer and need something I can toss on to to stash some clothes and toiletries but not have any hardware.
thanks and sorry for the hijack,
tom

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Tom,
I used soft bags on the Sprint. Worked great. Soft tail trunk and soft panniers. Hmmm I made a thread on it. I'll see if I can find it......

In the mean time here is the Sprint loaded up with soft bags:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Tom,
I used soft bags on the Sprint. Worked great. Soft tail trunk and soft panniers. Hmmm I made a thread on it. I'll see if I can find it......

In the mean time here is the Sprint loaded up with soft bags:

Nice setup Calliway!

Do you still have those, what brand, what model ? did you buy them a long time ago ? How much can I/should I pay for soft bags like that?

Do you recommend installing them directly, or would I be better buying at least the racks for the hard bags ?

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Stormrider,
I sold them with the bike and funny enough the 06 Sprint behind my bike has the hardbags off my Sprint on it.

That set up is from a company in BC that others have used and it is super affordable and they come with rain covers and are really nicely built for soft luggage. The trunk clips into the panniers and in all of that is a tent, a sleeping bag, rain gear, a weeks worth of underwear and socks, and tools.

Tank bag is a DaypackII from Twisted Throttle with tank ring mount and in that is camera, maps, wallet, phone, house keys, snack, hat, sirius satellite reciever, mp3 player and house keys.

The trunk and panniers are from Motopack in Westbank BC. Ryan treated me real good despite some shipping errors and the quality is good.

http://www.motopakluggage.com/gttail.html

Trunk GT Tail
Panniers: GTS-60

As far as mounting I made a set of slim paintsavers that bolt onto the bike where your hardware for hard bags would have gone. There is a thread on it. Search for threads started by me and you will find it on the first page. I think its called paint savers. There are pics and an overview of them and how they look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts