Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat on a new 07 Sprint ST yesterday, and really liked the way it felt ....However , I'm not getting any younger , and I really like the more upright position of the Tiger .... What aggrivates me is the fact that there is a lot more plastic on the Sprint, and looks to be a more expensive bike to produce, yet it's offered with free bags, and the Tiger is not offered with free bags .... Anybody understand the logic ?
I would order a new Tiger in a NY minute if it came with free bags ...I'm caught in the middle !!....The Red ST I sat on was really nice !!....The Red is like a fire engine Red ...BEAUTIFUL, and I thought I was convinced that a Black one was in my future ....So much for what I know !!....Jim

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 2006 Tigers came with bags but as i understand it that was something they started doing after several years of charging for them. If I recall right, originally the Sprint didn't come with the bags originally either. Triumph started throwing them in to boost sales, which is usually the only reason something is 'free.'
Since the '07 Tiger isn't hardly even on the showroom floors yet I would imagine they will initially try to get buyers to pay for accessories. If sales are poor they will start throwing goodies in.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I spoke to one of the staff on the Triumph satand at the NEC bike show and he confirmed what Twinrider says - these start off as an expensive extra, but in a few years, as sales drop off, panniers, centrestand, heated grips and the like will become standard fit.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm sure the bags will be no charge on the Tiger within 6 months, just like the 05 STs. I always like to buy the new model right away so's I can pay more :-D

·
Registered
518 Posts
On 2006-11-11 10:50, playinthestreet wrote:
I'm sure the bags will be no charge on the Tiger within 6 months, just like the 05 STs. I always like to buy the new model right away so's I can pay more :-D
Yep, I'm with ya. Somethimes you just can't help yourself. :???:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure the bags will be no charge on the Tiger within 6 months, just like the 05 STs. I always like to buy the new model right away so's I can pay more

Worst case scenario is that I wait it out until the bag's come with it !!...... This means I have to continue to ride my S3 for a little longer .... Things could be a lot worse !!.... :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts