Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a new 05 Tiger some time in the next few weeks. I want to fit a NWS hugger. Since the hugger is black (or silver) I want to paint it to match the 'bike. Does anyone know of a similar colour to Lucifer orange that is available in a cellulose spray can here in the UK?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Have you checked out the Jack Lilley On-Line shop. They used to do all kinds of touch up / spray paint for Triumphs?

Might be worth a look ??

Jack Lilley - Paints

[ This message was edited by: BigStripey on 2005-03-09 17:10 ]

·
Registered
375 Posts
What a sensible choice of colour!!!
& in Lancashire as well!!
Now you've got me thinking should I spray mine, when it comes??

[ This message was edited by: lancashirelad on 2005-03-10 06:19 ]

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Tango was l/orange when I got it and I had my hugger painted the same colour, but I didn't think it looked right. When I changed the colour of the bike I also had the hugger painted and it looked much better in the new colour.

But it is personal preference.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Which part of lancs are you at?

Wigan Car Paints, 269 Ormskirk Road, Wigan, 01942 212620 can usually match colours to a sample. Very helpful people, bikers too!
Frank.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rishton, near Blackburn. I thought that Wigan was in Greater Manchester (at least from 1974)?

May order the Tiger either this week or next week. However, I'm slightly wavering again over the colour. Orange or grey. If Triumph had kept the black frame then orange would have been my only choice.

Ideally I would like to see both colours together, but it's rare enough seeing a Tiger in a dealers anyway.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. I was in Youles for about 1 hour last week watching and talking to the mechanics (technicians?) as they uncrated and assembled a new Speed Triple and a Sprint ST. Both superb machines, and for use as demonstrators.
They had the Speed Triple ticking over outside later on. So tempting to ride!!
It is interesting speculating on the specs and looks of a new Tiger.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. I was in Youles for about 1 hour last week watching and talking to the mechanics (technicians?) as they uncrated and assembled a new Speed Triple and a Sprint ST. Both superb machines, and for use as demonstrators.
They had the Speed Triple ticking over outside later on. So tempting to ride!!
It is interesting speculating on the specs and looks of a new Tiger.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't believe this!

Just this evening my riding buddy looked into painting his hugger Lucifer Orange to match the bike. When the paint shop broke down the code and tracked down the colors he was in shock!

The Lucifer Orange is a 4 color process the base being white; Then an overlay of bronze pearl, then something else, then orange.... then the clear coat.

Cost: $ 400 for JUST the paint in quart qty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts