Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get the full lighting replacement set from newbonneville, but I'm not sure if I should go with the lucas style or the sport style. I'm afraid the Lucas is too similar to the hokey stock lights, and that the sport is maybe too small and/or an inappropriate style...

I'm also worried that if I get a parabellum fairing or windshield in the future, that the new front blinkers will not fit with it.

Any suggestions?

[ This message was edited by: billybob235 on 2007-01-30 12:49 ]

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I am looking into the same lighting package. I have the triumph black bug screen on my bike, a Black Bonneville and will have to probably to make adjustments to the screen for the sport lights which I prefer. :cool:

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm having the same discussion with myself. Looking at the Parabellum sport shield which is now on my bike I wonder if the sport lights won't go behind it. It curves out so possibly the sport lights would fit. But, do I want sport lights behind/with a windshield? :???:

Dennis

·
Registered
209 Posts
On 2007-01-30 12:48, billybob235 wrote:
...I'm afraid the Lucas is too similar to the hokey stock lights, and that the sport is maybe too small and/or an inappropriate style...

I'm also worried that if I get a parabellum fairing or windshield in the future, that the new front blinkers will not fit with it.

Any suggestions?
Go big. WAY big. I'm currently working up a mount for the Lucas-style turn signals (converted to dual-filament bulbs) to run with this setup:

\

1966 vintage Bates 700A fairing.

Cold, wind, rain... NOT a problem! :-D

[ This message was edited by: bmetz99 on 2007-01-30 18:19 ]

·
Registered
893 Posts
Just goes to show, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Dennis

·
Registered
209 Posts
On 2007-01-30 18:40, wonderdog wrote:
Just goes to show, one man's trash is another man's treasure.
You nailed it.

Paid $20 for the fairing, spent an evening with some plastic polish restoring the (original!) windshield, had the body painted at the local auto body shop for $150. Gotta cut about 6" off the windshield, though.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
as you can see in this pic, the hugh-jazz fairing all but covers the stock signals, which are about 2-3'' wider than the "sport" or Lucas signals. I have the emgos which are the "sport" signals and they are much narrower.

Parabellum:

and here are the emgo/sport signals:

they would be covered by the fairing.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I believe he was talking about the sport shield and not the fairing.

There is about a half inch of clearance with the stock blinkers from the edge of the shield. If the sport signals are flat they might not hit the shield even if behind it.
I'm considering changing mine to the sport signals and removing the windshield in the summer except for trips. It sure caught a lot of big bugs last summer though. BIG bugs.

The side shots show flat signals would probably fit even with short stems.

Here's a couple of closeups that might help.

[ This message was edited by: wonderdog on 2007-01-31 19:06 ]

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I just got the sport lighting kit for my T100-I have no windshield or fairing on it right now although I will put the Triumph mini deal back on soon-I have mounted some driving lights on the NB turnsignal relocating bracket -hope it all fits! Too cold to fool with it now.
I might put the driving lights in the stock turnsignal location and put the new sport signals on the relo bracket. Watt ja think? Anybody done this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts