Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I am in the process of fitting, A Lucas Style Rear light Unit with Lucas style integral turn signals, and matching front Turn signals , these are from Newbonneville and appear to be very good quality

However if you are in the UK take note with this set it is not possible to fit a Road Legal Number Plate as the Indicators protrude forward and the space between them is only about 8 inches and a legal UK plate is 9 inches wide so i will have to fit a smaller plate which i was going to do anyway and then swop to the legal plate for the MOT TEST however with this rear light you can't do that. NO LEGAL PLATE = MOT FAILURE!

looking at the photo's on New Bonneville's web site it is only the LUCAS STYLE set that has this problem.
IF the longer indicator stems were an option for UK customers this would give the clearance and solve the problem.

SO if your in the UK and thinking of this KIT bear it in mind

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI Nodster

Yes it took me a while to work it out , that the longer stemmed ones should solve the problem
I have managed to find some on ebay so hope they will be here in a couple of days and I can get to work , but it shows that you have to be careful when buying non standard parts , of course this set works Fine in most countries just not mine
yes a photo will follow!

MIKE

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
JUST an Update to show i have managed to fit the Newbonneville Lucas Style kit
but I did have to Buy a new set of Longer Indicators for the Rear, so you can fit the Legal UK Reg Plate ( I'm not going to risk the possible £1000 Fine)
This kit is not a straight forward fit ,and the angle of the bracket you fix the Reg plate too is not good so the plate will fowl the rear mudguard (fender) so fitted a small square of rubber as you can see to protect the paint work

BUT I think it does LOOK good

New Bonneville you should offer Longer rear Indicators on this set as an Option

http://www.triumphrat.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12882&stc=1&d=1237221428

http://www.triumphrat.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12883&stc=1&d=1237221560

Attachments

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It looks like a very good solution. Shades of Norton/Villiers/Triumph-era bikes...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts